Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 11, 2012

Dear Family
I know I sent you guys my email, but I only have 30 minutes on the computer on p-days.  P-days (preparation days) are Thursdays for me.  Its really fun today mostly because I had to do laundry,  I had negative two pairs of underwear left.  It was bad.  I am definitely determined never to iron a shirt while I am on my mission, so far, successful.  My zone is really cool, we have a lot of sweet souls and  hilarious people.  Sometimes it's hard to go get to bed because we are laughing.  There is also another Anziano (Elder) Hurlburt who is a small Elder that tells hilarious stories and cracks everyone up.  He isn't too good at volleyball but we play everyday and he makes us laugh.  We also have Aziano Klemm, a very witty hilarious big guy.  Anziano Edwards is a super skinny super nice guy from Utah. Anziano Bryant, a straight up man who went to BYU and is our DL (district leader) and my collegue, Anziano Tymczuk who is a funny happy guy, and Canadian, of course.  That lays out our district of guys pretty much.  Also there are two sorelle (sisters) Sorella Bradford and Preston who are super nice and in touch with the spirit.  In our classes we used to get super distracted, but now we have a happy medium between working and fun.  We teach (role - play) just about every day.  Thats definitely the most stressful thing to do for me, but its cool.  We are teaching this girl named Mikala, she has a lot of questions but is pretty easy to work with.  We are teaching her about he plan of salvation next time.  Overall its a great experience so far I know I probably won't realize how good until I get back.  Thank goodness for a good district and zone- this helps so much.  Thanks Mom for the letter.  It is so great to get letters.  Its like a christmas present or something.  The language is going great - its just fat amounts of memorizing but I'm pretty good at stringing stuff together. Thank you for telling me about he Olympics and the Mars landing.  Please please tell me stuff about the outside world.  It is great.  Your blog about me is pretty awesome.  I am super pumped to get sweet clothes in Italy.  Maybe I'll be a fashionisto when I get back Ha ha, yea right.  I probably need some stuff, but I can't think of it right now.  Try to send a pizza somehow through Justin and Judy.  That would be awesome.  Packages and letters are great so send tons of them.  How are the new missionaries?  How is everyone at home?  How are Camille and Jeremy's summer assignments and school going?  I can oly imagine Jeremy's chipmunk cheeks and drugged out stuff, Yesss (wisdom teeth extraction)  Anyway so I can only write you guys on Thursdays but thats Ok.  I'll try to write individual letters next week... if you write me first.  Mom is the only one that cares so far... Haha just kidding.  But seriously,  The church is true and I love you all very much.
Love, Anziano Ryan Day
PS thanks for the parchment and try dearelder.com instead of called to serve- its free and the called to serve letter cut off the last part and then they resent it, or better yet, just write me a real letter <3

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read. But reality check. He is probably not going to have a dryer in his apartment so he will have to iron his shirts :).
    You don't really have apartments complex like you do here in the States. So every apartment, no matter how small will have the washer in, but unless things have changed a lot since my mission, there is no usually a dryer. You hang your clothes on a rack, but you are allowed to do laundry every day. I used to do one evry other morning. Turn it on before we left the apartment and hang my clothes during our lunch break. By night time they are usually dry but in need of ironing :)

    ReplyDelete