(another letter August 16th received snail mail)
Dear Mom and Dad,
I have been having a blast. It is pretty difficult but fun here. We teach by role-play all the time in Italian and that is the most stressful part. I think that its awesome that you guys were happy (when I left) so many parents can't handle it. I guess me going to college helped. I'm glad that Jeremy and Camille got to visit BYU-Idaho, when I visited Spencer there I really liked it. I know that Jeremy or Camille would love it there. I love the MTC except we never get enough sleep, thats the most annoying part. I love my district and working and having no spare time. I learn more Italian and how to teach better every day. I'm improving and God helps me but I gotta put a ton in. I'm also learning a bunch on how to plan and organize. Well thats about all I got -my brain is fried today 'cause its just about dinner.
I will try to send some photos- I have some good ones.
August 23rd
Ciao! Ahhhh another week gone by! I'm now entering my fourth week into the MTC. I am still loving it every day, and I learn so much every day about God and His children. I'm continually grateful for this opportunity I have. This week hasn't been too eventful with stuff out of the ordinary happening, except I now get to play the piano before our Sacrament Meeting every week (on Sunday). I looooooove the piano so much and its really a joy to be able to play it every week. I saw my cousin Janelle in the MTC yes!! She looked very happy to be there and she waited at the table in front of the entrance so she could find me. So awesome. Haha. Also the language of Italian is coming along very nicely.. here is a funny thing about Italian is that they say "Mumma Mia!" all the time. (note - its actually mamma mia) I have been saying that as much as possible with big hand gestures. Italian is pretty much the best language ever. I got some food in the mail this week that was most excellent.. and the MTC is continuing to have an impact on me in so many ways! The older group of Italian Missionaries getting trained left this week, that was pretty sad. They are off to do bigger and better things. It is so exciting to think its only a couple weeks until I am out there in the field. I hope everyone is doing well out there with school starting and stuff, and thanks for everyone that wrote me a letter this week it really means a lot to me! Keep on moving forward! God loves you!
Ciao! Ahhhh another week gone by! I'm now entering my fourth week into the MTC. I am still loving it every day, and I learn so much every day about God and His children. I'm continually grateful for this opportunity I have. This week hasn't been too eventful with stuff out of the ordinary happening, except I now get to play the piano before our Sacrament Meeting every week (on Sunday). I looooooove the piano so much and its really a joy to be able to play it every week. I saw my cousin Janelle in the MTC yes!! She looked very happy to be there and she waited at the table in front of the entrance so she could find me. So awesome. Haha. Also the language of Italian is coming along very nicely.. here is a funny thing about Italian is that they say "Mumma Mia!" all the time. (note - its actually mamma mia) I have been saying that as much as possible with big hand gestures. Italian is pretty much the best language ever. I got some food in the mail this week that was most excellent.. and the MTC is continuing to have an impact on me in so many ways! The older group of Italian Missionaries getting trained left this week, that was pretty sad. They are off to do bigger and better things. It is so exciting to think its only a couple weeks until I am out there in the field. I hope everyone is doing well out there with school starting and stuff, and thanks for everyone that wrote me a letter this week it really means a lot to me! Keep on moving forward! God loves you!
LOVE
Anziano Ryan Day
No comments:
Post a Comment