June 26, 2013
This area of Trieste is really awesome. We don't have bikes and take the buses everywhere, because the bus system is very efficient here and there are tons of hills and small streets. This gives me tons of opportunities to talk to people on the buses.
This area of Trieste is really awesome. We don't have bikes and take the buses everywhere, because the bus system is very efficient here and there are tons of hills and small streets. This gives me tons of opportunities to talk to people on the buses.
Canal Grande Trieste
Its really funny in Italy I think I have said this before, the old people here are a much more active bunch than in the United States. I see tons of people in their 70s and 80s slowly meandering on buses and walking to places. They love talking to us because we are unusual young people doing missionary work. The other day I saw a lady who looked about 70 who straight up ran to our bus when it was about to leave. I told her she was the fastest old lady I had ever seen, and she said "yeah, I have some good legs!" It was really funny.
The work has also been picking up here we are now teaching a man named Sergio who contacted us through Mormon.org who wants to study with us, we are also teaching a cameroonian man who we met in a park (I dont know if I mentioned him last letter) and also a 9 year old boy named Giuseppe. (And other people too, a lot more people than we had in Livorno) We went and got gelatto' with him today.
Giuseppe. We just got gelatto so we are both happy.
We are next a bus that I use now for transportation in Trieste
I absolutely love our congregation as well, we went to a bus to go to church last week and little did I know that we accompanied 4 or 5 older single ladies to church on that bus, and then we helped them down the hill to get to church. Yes. Best kind of service.
The weather has taken a dive for the cooler again, it actually rained a couple of days ago (So strange!!!!!!!) Everyone tells me I am extremely luckily to spend the summer in Trieste... excellent...
Trieste
Other fun things I was called to be a district leader so I am in charge to help another 2 missionaries in Gorizia, a city next to us. Our district is really small with only 2 pairs of missionaries, usually there are 3 or 4 pairs. One of the missionaries Anziano Johnson was in the MTC with me and he is hilarious. He was companions in the MTC with Anziano Locklear who was one of my previous companions. Needless to say, I am having loads of fun being here in Trieste. Every day is a new adventure and I am almost finished unpacking...
Oh yes I also gave a talk in church to introduce myself, I talked about the Holy Ghost, Its so much easier to prepare to speak in church than before the mission! Haha I guess because Im living and breathing the Gospel every day. It went pretty well.
Exciting things in coming weeks... we are going to do a Mostra, which is a giant display talking about some points about Prophets and the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and we get permission, set it up in a big square, and talk to everyone about it! And also there is going to be a new mission president next week.. (wow) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY and I love you mom thanks so much for the prayers.
vi voglio bene
alla prossima
Anziano Day



No comments:
Post a Comment