Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

soccer and a trip to the emergency room


This week was really sweet. Everyone was really hyped this week because there was a finals game in soccer (I think for all of Toscana) Livorno vs. Empoli!  Unfortunately because of it many people did not come to church because of it. 

Also it was hard to get to sleep sunday night because of all the yelling and screaming going on! But we won in the end! Forza Livorno!




We also were able to have a first lesson with a man named Destiny from Nigeria this week, reminded me of my time in Reggio Emilia it was awesome. I could understand all of his English but Anziano Green could barely understand anything that he said. Hahaha. I got a good laugh out of that. He is going to go to church this Sunday and he speaks Italian decently, so that will be really great.

 and me and Anziano Green standing by a famous statue in Livorno

 Another view of the statue, it is a symbol of the defeat of the pirates that were plaguing that area about 250 years ago, the top statue is in marble and the bottom ones in bronze. It is a tad grotesque but awesome.



We have also seen many miracles this week seeking inspiration where to go and find people the night before when we are planning for our days. We always pray about where to go, and sometimes we get a confirming feeling from the Holy Ghost, sometimes not! Every time we do get a confirming feeling we find people who have been prepared to receive the gospel. Every time. It happened about 3 or 4 times this week, it just goes to show how much God cares about His work on the earth today.




Also here is me eating a cinque cinque sandwich from the famous cinque cinque place in livorno (chickpea patty with eggplant),

I got the family calendar in about February so I have had it now for a while! and yes THANK YOU for the ensigns I wrote everyone in the family a letter last week, I guess it hasn’t arrived yet to the house. My next transfer is in about a week and a half, so we will see if I will be transferred! Our mission president is also leaving the 1st of July so things are going to get shaken up here!

and then a random picture I took of boats in the harbor of Livorno

On a less spiritual note, I have been injured this week! I opened a closet door yesterday and the door fell off square onto my toe. So we had to go to the emergency room and the toenail has been killed! Its going to take about two months for it to fully heal and grow a new one. BUT, not to fear, Im just going to wear a black flip flop and continue work as normal in a couple days, and its already feeling a little better.




 Also the rest of my missionary district by the sea,



 and a picture of the terrazza as well









 Here is me with my British bike 



  
Here is my receiving a glorious haircut from Pino! Pino is the person called in our ward to be the missionary helper guy and he is awesome. I have talked about him in many previous letters I think.
 


But I would just appreciate it if you all kept me in your prayers. Thanks, I took a ton of photos last Pday so I hope you like them,

Anziano Day

Ps mom dont worry too much 



No comments:

Post a Comment