All this week we have been visiting people and visiting families and saying goodbye to everyone. Its really sad, I feel like I have made a lot of really good friendships here in Livorno. So many families, and great ward members here. Im going to send a lot of pictures with specifics so be prepared.
This is a part member Napolitano family (From Naples, Italy) that we have been teaching. She has cooked the best food I have had on the mission so far.. probably in my entire life. WOW. Italians from Napoli are the Italians that Americans picture when they think about Italy. Super warm, really loud and outgoing, super good food (well, that one is in all of Italy). They are such an amazing family.
Trieste is East of Venice next to SLO., or Slovenia, (in the former Yugoslavia)
the family who we have worked with for a while, the mom is especially awesome because she used to be a DJ and play professional softball in Europe. So cool.
Then is Gaetano! He is one of the investigators we have been working with for a long time and that day we taught him right after he came home from his painting work. He looks like a certain character we all know... and has had that mustache for 30 or 40 years. Yes.
Also before I forget can you send some shoulder exercises I can do with and without the band to strenghen my problem muscles in my shoulder? Thanks.
I am going to miss Livorno a lot because all the people here are so amazing, the sea, the food, everything! Wow. But I know that the Lord needs me in Trieste.
Some members from my English class that came all the time (probably my favorites) It was really funny because with the mom and daughter, the mom was better at English so when she corrected her the daughter would always get frustrated, but the daughter could pronounce words better so she would always use that to get at her mother. Hahaha family relationships never change. The other man is from Puglia, Italy (the heel of the Italian boot) and is visiting here in Livorno for work, we would always see him jogging around town while doing finding work and help him read English signs.
(Livorno has tons of signs all over explaining the cultural significance and history of famous buildings and sites, they are written in Italian and also in slightly questionable English)
I am so thankful for his constant guidance in my life, I really feel guided by the Lord all the time when we help people learn about this gospel and pretty much do everything!
This is the famous Pino, he said, tell everyone I'm a barbarian.
He speaks English really well because he worked with the military base for about 30 years, and teaches one of the english classes. He is a HUGE help to the missionaries, fixing bikes, giving haircuts, going to lessons whenever we need, and of course he has a great beard and mustache.
Im so thankful for the many blessings he has given me, I feel more and more indebted to Him because of how much im learning as I serve the people of Italy.
An investigator Saverio who we also have worked with for a really long time, he was really really sad to see me go. We worked so hard to help him. And he is an amazing chef as well, we ate at his house often.
All the American food we got from the american military base! Yes It was delicious.
There is a part member family that we are teaching that is American and they always give us stuff from the base.. but that day was especially crazy. They came to church this last sunday and they really liked it, so that was amazing. Our branch is so great, everyone was coming up to them and shaking their hand and talking to them (even if they didnt speak English.) Luckily we have some Americans in our congregation as well as some Italians that speak English fluently.
Im thankful to see the changes in peoples lives, them coming closer to Christ, and I hope all of you can do the same!
Spread the love and joy of the Restored Gospel!
Im going to miss my companion Anziano Green because he is a big ball of fun, but on to new things!
Avanti con forza!
Vi Voglio bene
Anziano Day
.

No comments:
Post a Comment