Last week we played basketball in Pisa. It was really fun.
The smaller asian ragazzo (young man) is Chen.
Could be in the US, right?
I also learned how to make this delicious sauce from a Napolitano family (da naples) (above)
and also we bought an entire watermelon that we ate in one meal! It was great.
This week we were working a lot trying to find less actives (people
who do not participate in church regularly) and also other people and it was
very successful.
The thing I loved the most about that work was the feelings we
felt when we were able to talk to people about their testimonies and also
finding new people that were interested in our message from our finding work!
Yes.
Another cool thing is we went over to an American members house and
we had dinner with her and her husband. And we had... TACOS!!!! Yes it was
delicious. And we got a bunch of stuff from the American military base that
they gave us --like Oreos and Ghirardelli brownie mix. Amazing.
Anyways we also contacted a member who was named Sorella Raffaini,
with her son Giaccamo, and we found out that she was a DJ back in the day. We
were very surprised (she looks about 50-55 and normal.) We also talked to
Giaccamo about going on a mission and he was really excited to go when he could
finish school and find a job to get the money! That was also really awesome.
We also had dinner with an investigator named Saverio again, who is
really just a great guy. He is temporarily living at his work until he moves
houses so every time we go over he always says... "My house... it is not
beautiful" and "I am happy!" Those two phrases in English I have
heard so many times -its great.
WOW mission calls mission calls!! (Carly Upton is going to Chile –
Ryan was with the missionaries when she was taught the discussions) So
exciting! It seems like the work is exploding everywhere!
I forgot how many people are graduating! (We sent a few photos of some graduates) What a
happy season.
In Italy the high schools go for 5 years instead of 4, so it
takes a little longer for people to graduate. Also, their exams happen up to
two weeks after school ends, which is horrible! I can’t imagine that.
Well I’m just about run of time, but I love this Restored Gospel and
I love being a missionary!
Love, Anziano Day

No comments:
Post a Comment