Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

McDonalds after 7 months in Italy, Jump roping


This computer in the internet cafe is horrible. I will get the rest of the pictures later. Anyways for calling on Mother's Day 4 oclock here works perfectly (7am California time ). We will skype then. 

I also love what Matthew Holland said about how a testimony grows gradually . I have also found that my testimony has been built slowly and gradually the most -more than any other way. 

This week was really awesome, I got sick for two days right after I ate Anziano Greens Lasagna... meh. I spent 2 days studying Italian and I also finished Jesus the Christ. That was really an amazing book. Oh and also I finally organized all the letters I have gotten from people with plastic sheets. That has been the work of my whole mission so I am finally finished and organized. Thank goodness. 


Also one funny experience we had this week is when we helped a member move some stuff in his kitchen, and then after he took us to McDonalds. This man is from texas, and so he was like, alright boys, you can get WHATEVER you want. And by the way he said it I knew he meant we could get everything on the menu if we wanted. I just got normal chicken sandwich but Anziano Green got a mcdouble and combined it with a quarter pounder and ate it. So gross and fatty. Wow! I felt horrible the rest of the day because my body is not used to that kind of food. We fasted - went without food or water for 24 hours- right after that too so it messed with me.

 Also last week I forgot to write about was our ward party  (for Italian Labor Day May 1) which was pretty awesome.  We went there a bit late so they said they were out of food, but they were wrong, we had some delicious salami, and random other types of meats and I made a ton of sandwiches which were delicious. I was really happy about that.

Anziano Green held the record with 100 jump ropes in a row which was great, and then right after they had karaoke with everyone singing a ton of Italian songs.
Elder Green and I double jump roping at the Ward Party 


Fratello Zerbi in our ward was the best he is a little dark haired man from Calabria with a huge personality and he was just singing as loud as he could. It was really fun.



Also here is Piazza della Republica which is usually full but on the Festa day it was EMPTY


Piazza della Republica  Livorno Italy 


We have been able to meet with more investigators this week, and also we are searching for a new house... apparently our time is being spent in about a month or so we will be kicked out to Pisa and have to stay there until we find a house... uh oh... Haha but we have a house we found that we are looking at which will be great I think. 

Anyways Im sorry I dont have too much time this week, we went to Firenze (florence) today (thats why I don't have much time) for Pday and bought a ton of ties for 2 euro each.



Firenze's market 

 It is way too excellent. And the Duomo here is SO GORGEOUS with tons of statues.





statue near the cathedral in Florence 

More Pictures will come! I promise ! 


Love you so much
Anziano Day








The Duomo in Firenze 

No comments:

Post a Comment