Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Egusi soup, the restored gospel and amazing deliciousness

 May 22, 2013


I’m just chugging along here as a missionary! I love it and I feel closer and closer to Heavenly Father every day. This week we had some really cool experiences, I did an exchange in Pisa and we were able to have dinner at an Italian family’s house, but the person who was preparing the food was a Nigerian named Michael. We had Egusi soup with a yam dish (the African kind of Yam,). It was SUPER spicy and delicious, I have missed all the African foods that I had in Reggio Emilia, and so it was good once again. He was a character!



Nigerian Egusi Soup (photo from internet)

Anyways, the work is going great here as well. I absolutely love the restored gospel and the joy it brings to people.

I get to see so many lives change as missionaries, just the other day I was able to bear my testimony to a lady and I could see a change in here eyes after the lesson.. I know the Holy Spirit touched her heart.

I am so happy to be serving here at this time... I know the Lord is hastening the work with all of these missionaries being sent out here and I can really feel the difference! I love Jesus Christ and what he has done for us, and I want everyone to know that! haha. 
  

Some of my own cooking- 
A delicious chicken tomato sauce that I made... I slow cooked the chicken for 45 minutes it was AMAZING.
Also this week we figured out our house situation, there are two houses that we are looking at and I don’t know which one will be picked. I don’t even know if I will be there for the move in, but who knows? One is small and cute and the other is big and really nice. Both the same price. We want the bigger one but they want us to keep all the old expensive, fragile furniture. Hm.


Also here is the Livorno Terrazza at sunset. Such a beautiful place.
You have to tell Camille and Jeremy one thing though... I went and saw a free concert when I first got to BYU on the top of a parking structure... and the band was Imagine Dragons! Tell camille im more hipster because I saw them first. (Camille and Jeremy are going to imagine Dragons next week) Thats really exciting though for them, how are they doing with piano these days?

I only get an opportunity once in a while to play the piano, mostly on Pdays or for baptismal services, and I miss it a lot. With my increased planning and discipline capabilities I will definitely be able to be better at practicing when I get home. Creating a language studying plan is very similar to creating a piano practicing plan, its cool to see.

 That is really amazing that you are giving away Book of Mormons to people as well! We just ran out of Book of Mormons in Italian and it was a great feeling. I hope that everything else in the family is going well too. anyways,
fino alla prossimo, 
Anziano Day


No comments:

Post a Comment