Im doing a bit of email today, we are going to Parma today because there are super discounts on everything (saldi) right before stores get taxed in Italy. So I will finish email later today.
Here am I under a big statue thing in Parma.
(This relief sculpture in Plazza della Pace was created in 1920 as a monument to the Opera composer, Guiseppi Verde by Lamberto Cusani. The sculpture was heavily damaged during WW2 allied bombings and was recently reconstructed. Parma is a neighboring city to Reggio Emilia and is the home of parmesian cheese)
I love Parma it is so beautiful!
(This relief sculpture in Plazza della Pace was created in 1920 as a monument to the Opera composer, Guiseppi Verde by Lamberto Cusani. The sculpture was heavily damaged during WW2 allied bombings and was recently reconstructed. Parma is a neighboring city to Reggio Emilia and is the home of parmesian cheese)
I love Parma it is so beautiful!
I finally gave in this time around and bought some
things from stores, a pair of gloves, a nice watch, a v-neck sweater and also a
scarf. It was great and really cheap. (AKA normal prices in America) It was
really nice and our whole district went to Parma, so that was really fun.
This week has gone by way too fast ahhh I love being a
missionary. Im doing great with my new companion on this mission.
One of my favorite highlights of the week was family
home evening! We did this with many people, Victor and Larry from Nigeria,
Sandune and Krishna from Sri Lanka, and Roberto from Reggio Emilia. We started
the spiritual thought by speaking everything in Italian and then English.
We continued with the thought, but then split off into two groups, I was with
Sandune and Krishna and so they were reading the Book of Mormon in Sinhala out
loud while I read it in English. It was a very cool experience, Sinhala
sounds like a sort of meditation chant when they speak. In that group we
spoke 5 languages! So excellent.
We visit Sandune a lot and help him to learn Italian
(because it is quite lacking!) and teaching him how to pray in Italian and just
talk. He is working really hard to learn.
Me and Sandune
We are also able to visit John E. (miracle man!)
quite a lot. He has a hard life right now, trying to immigrate here and being
away from his wife and kids in Nigeria, but he always has a big old smile on
when we visit him. Lets see what else... The work is speeding up a lot in
Reggio!
Here are pictures of John's baptism
The Sorelle (sister) missionaries referred all of
their male investigators to us, and so we have about 6 new people who we are
teaching right now, it's getting a bit hectic in Reggio Emilia. We are
impegnatoed (Italian for busy) right now. We are biking really fast all over the city to get to
our appointments on time so that we can teach everyone!
I LOVE IT.
Here is my new companion Anziano Collins with his new
Basil plant. He hasnt named it yet. He is pretty awesome, I must say.
Also this is gorgonzola and mascarpone cheese combined. Me
and Anziano Fiorentino used to put that on everything.
This cheese good on everything!
Being a missionary is the best thing ever. Its really
great especially to see Gods hands helping us out all the time, we many times
are on our way to places, and out of the randomest places pops out people we
have lost contact with, or everything else.
Our little christmas tree
Just the other day we were walking
to go visit someone and we saw a man we have taught before Leonardo, and he was
feeling really sad because of some bad stuff that had recently happened in his
life. But we were able to share a message of hope with him again, and help him
cheer up. Thank goodness. Everyone needs some hope in this life. That’s why our
message is awesome!!
Every day we study the scriptures, study for our lessons to teach, and study Italian
List of daily miracles. Each post it note is a day and we listed what miracles happened.
Anyways I have run out of time but I love you all.
Arrivederci ciao ciao ciao
Anziano Day

No comments:
Post a Comment