By the way Im sorry if my letter is a little discombobulated today, we are in the Internet Point, an internet cafe run by a middle eastern man and I am listening to crazy Arabic music as I write this letter played by the man next to me. Anyways.
I was able to attend a conference with our mission President, and he went over a ton of stuff about the mission, how to be more effective teachers, and mission rules and things. There are going to be so many of us ushering in a new generation of Missionaries to the Italy Milan mission, so I think this is why he did that. (The church has lowered their age for missionaries and there is a large increase in missionary applications).
Also church was a bit crazy again with 7 people (that we are teaching) coming to church... So great!
However, there is one thing. The snow has started falling! It has been snowing heavily all day today without ceasing, and everything is covered. Luckily my shoes are waterproof. Anziano Collins hasnt been so lucky though. Needless to say we got him some new shoes.
We have also just started a beginning and advanced english course for free, as well as a course of Italian for free (Just goes to show how Reggio Emilia is) We do an hour of each class every week, and it really helps out a lot of people.
I am very happy here.
My favorite miracle that I have seen this week is this man Roberto we are teaching! Ever since I have gotten here about 4 months ago we have been helping him, and he has a huge change of heart. He used to have so many problems, but now they have all fallen away and he is happy. He will be baptized this month, we hope.
The gospel is true, and I see miracles every day. Im really grateful for your prayers and for everyone who is praying for me and other missionaries right now. I feel the heavenly help. Truly a miracle. This Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives! I am so happy to be a part of that! Im so happy his church was restored and that I can be a part of that today.
I recieved the Day Family letters for new years eve I was SO HAPPY to get those haha. It was great.
That is so fantastic that Ali Freedman was baptized. Seriously one of the best things she could do. Tell her hello from Italy for me.
It is also really cool to hear about all the new people going on missions! I am super excited to continue in these times with all the new missionaries coming, ill probably most definitely be a trainer for a new missionary in the next couple months. We are supposed to get an increase of 60 in the amount of missionaries in this mission, its going to be a little nuts around here soon.
That is super great that you were able to attend that missionary kickoff with the mission president! You should definitely serve a mission one day mother. All the senior missionary couples here are awesome and I can imagine you and Dad being them one day haha.
Also very crazy to think about that Jeremy could leave on a mission before I even get home. For an entire year! I wonder how that will play out...I hope you are having a fantastic week and everything is going great!
Buona Giornata, Buona settimana, Mi raccomando, Salve, Ciao Ciao Ci sentiamo fra poco (una settimana!
(hope you can google translate most of that)
Sinceramente con amore,
(Sincerely with love,)
Anziano Day
Here is google translate-
(Good day, good week, I beg you, Hello, Hello Hello We are short this week!)
Here is what it Marlena Inman added (from Milan) because Google translate is not always accurately! Thank you ! - Debbilyn
. "Mi raccomando" can be translated as I beg of you literally but it really means more something like "Take Care of yourself". :) And the last 2 "Ciao Ciao" are Goodbyes." Ci sentiamo fra poco" (una settimana) is "We'll talk soon" (in a week). - Marlena


Hi Sister Day I just wanted to make the translation a bit more clear. "Mi raccomando" can be trabslated as I beg of you literally but it really means more something like "Take Care of yourself". :) And the last 2 "Ciao Ciao" are Goodbyes." Ci sentiamo fra poco" (una settimana) is "We'll talk soon" (in a week).
ReplyDelete