January 30, 2013
This week... was the Baptism of Roberto!! He is so
awesome I love him.
We do a cool thing in our ward where we get the youth
to baptize new converts, so that they can be able to participate in the
experience. Very great. Everything was amazing,
I got to
play the piano for the meeting, which is awesome because I barely have any time
to play piano. One or two people complimented me after the meeting and I told
them they should thank you- mom haha. It was great.
Also a man named Sandun was able to give his first
Italian talk on the Holy Ghost, (He is Sri Lankan and Italian is hard for him)
He was shaking a lot but he gave a very great talk. I was really happy
that day.
It was also my companion Anziano Collins birthday last
week... so we scouted out an Asian all you can eat for 10 euros restaraunt
about 2 days after and ate there it was absolutely delicious. His birthday was
the same day as Robertos baptism so I think he was pretty content.
Also this week we got to see many people, its been
just a tad nippy but not too much snow so we were happy. I hear there is a lot
of coldness and snow in the United States so I just want to let everyone
know... Same here!
We also went and taught English class this week and
were able to learn many other languages as well... some siciliano thats fun to
say...
unti scantare iddi unnu fa chi u! (dont be afraid he wont do it again)
In Italy there are tons of different dialects, which are actually totally different languages similar to Italian. It was only this last century where they really standardized Italian. They took most of todays Italian from the Toscana (tuscany) area.
unti scantare iddi unnu fa chi u! (dont be afraid he wont do it again)
In Italy there are tons of different dialects, which are actually totally different languages similar to Italian. It was only this last century where they really standardized Italian. They took most of todays Italian from the Toscana (tuscany) area.
We also learned some pigeon english from some people
from Nigeria which is really fun to say.
Howfah! (how are you?)
I be fah! (Im fine) something like that. [note - I day fah]
Its pretty crazy I cant even understand some Africans when they talk to each other in pigeon english. Anyways.
Howfah! (how are you?)
I be fah! (Im fine) something like that. [note - I day fah]
Its pretty crazy I cant even understand some Africans when they talk to each other in pigeon english. Anyways.
The work in Reggio Emilia is really great,
I think I will be moving cities in the next week or
two so watch out! Im really excited to see where I go, but I absolutely love it
in Reggio.
Food Report:
:) A
most stellar breakfast of eggs mixed with bread crumbs and some prezzemolo (parsley) and
banana and apple.
Also another Cinque cinque sandwich using ceci flour (chickpea flour) I made for Anziano Stanley
(Sailors in the early 1900's used to pay 5 cents for the bread, 5 cents for the the sandwich filling)
Good Pday cooking! Also with the cinque cinque sandwich, yes I can make homemade foccacia. :)
Anziano Stanley and Collins- Cooking together for prep day. Does it look a little cold out there?
Well,
until next week! Ciao ciao vi voglio bene!
Anziano Day
No comments:
Post a Comment