Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Thursday, September 27, 2012

LAST USA EMAIL. Shipping out next Wed.



Hello! So I have so much stuff to say and do but ill try my best to say it all.
Here is the Flight Schedule
British airways flight 1827 Salt Lake City Utah LV Time 11:10 AM Chicago/O Hare, AR time 3:05 PM
British Airways flight 294 Lv Chicago/O hare 5:15 PM AR London Heathrow England LHR 6:55 AM Oct 3rd
British Airways 576 LV: London Heathrow England 9:10 AM arrive Milan Italy, 12:05 Pm
Ill probably call you on the layover in the Chicago airport. I have the phone card and a ton of quarters. I don't know the time zone differences or anything like that but Its local time in these flights.

 I also would love to figure out the voting situation it would be fun to vote for president and stuff. We are just wrapping up our journey here, I just wanted to tell you all all the stuff that I haven't had time to write in letters.

 My Teachers are really really awesome, I think I talked about Sorella Fairbanks, She is really happy and spunky all the time, she always does really weird stuff and plays it off like nothing happened haha its awesome. She is also very spiritual and has a deep testimony of this gospel that she shares with us when she teaches. 

My other teacher is fratello Acerson and we are his first district ever that he has taught. (Sorella Fairbanks has taught nine). He is completely amazing. I am always so amazed how good he is teaching with the spirit and helping me understand concepts in my heart and helping me become a better teacher. He always does funny stuff when we role play teaching investigators, never just a normal appointment like with the other teachers, we do role play church, we do lessons in the train station (on the stairs of our classroom building or outside on a bench) sometimes we will go knock for a lesson and he will pretend not to be home and be the investigators dad or brother and tons of other things like that. One of my favorite things he did was when he did a full mock up dinner with all the courses and told us all about them. Of course I was really excited even though it wasn't real food. Haha. He is so funny and always makes us speak in Italian, one anziano (Anziano Robinson) always speaks english because he thinks he isn't good at Italian ( he really isn't that bad) and fratello Acerson is like, uh uh uh you gotta speak in Italian! And the Anziano will be like, dang it! hahahah. Its awesome. 

Also a really cool person that helps out in our class is fratello Mortenson, he is really short about 5 foot 4 by my estimates but he is hilarious and he loves our class and we love him. We always wear the same suit sometimes so thats pretty awesome. So anyways I can't believe I think I have only talked once about all the people in my district in one letter ill tell you about them again. By the way as I write this letter I realize, I think I might just write a letter to you guys every week and you can edit and explain it how you want, it is way to hard to construct every sentence and plan everything out and whatnot Ill just hit you guys with a waterfountain of stuff and you can post it on my blog thing. Anyways. 

So first are the Sorelle in our district (Sisters) First is Sister Bradford she loves everyone in our district and is works hard and is always trying her best. She is really funny and has a big heart. Whats crazy about her is she grew up in Norway until she was 9 (after being born in pensylvania) and so she knows Norwegian, then she lived in France for 8 years so she knows French and English from there, and then she moved to Tanzania for a while and speaks some swahili and also her family lived in Singapore right before she left and so she speaks a good amount of Swahili and Mandarin as well. So insane I can't believe it. She went to BYU before she came here. 

Her companion is Sorella Preston who is literally the nicest person I have ever met in my entire life. I do not exaggerate in the slightest on this. She is so pure and helpful and always tries to be kind to everyone no matter what. She is from Missourri and also went to BYU. 

Then there is the Companionship Anzanio Bryant and Anziano Robinson. Anziano Bryant went to BYU and he is a really hard worker and always does his best in class, he was also state champion in wrestling in Nevada and is always doing wrestling moves on us whenever he tries to wrestle me I just go limp and fall on top of him haha. 

Anzanio Robinson is super awesome he used to be super inactive in the church but then had some life changing experiences and came back to the church (he always knew it was true he just never could follow all the commandments and things.) he grew up in washington on the border but moved to texas and now is a true texan. He loves guns and hunting and knows the scriptures really really well and has a huge testimony of the atonement. He is a little hard on himself sometimes but thats only because he wants to do really well. He also loves NASA just like me and he always appreciates all the pictures and articles you guys send me. 

My two current companions are Anziano klemm and Edwards. Anziano Edwards is this super skinny guy who is just a bit shorter than me who is just the nicest guy from St. George Utah. He has the hardest time with the language but he is pretty happy all the time and really is just the definition of a nice guy. The other companion I have is Anziano Klemm who also had some life changes and was able to go on a mission. There was a certain scripture In Mormon 9 that talks about some thing like I speak to you like i'm speaking from the dead that really helped him sustain his testimony and come here. He also loves guns and is an absolutely hilarious guy, he wants to be a comedy writer when he grows up. hahaha even thinking about him makes me laugh. He is kind of bigger a bit and can judo anyone to the ground. 

Anyways thats our district pretty much we are very crazy and know how to have fun and by the end of the MTC stay we learned how to stay focused and work hard. I have learned so much from all my companions, I guess you'll see everything I learned when I get home there is just too much. I can't imagine how much I will change by the end of my mission, I have changed a lot in here, not drastically different, just helping me to be my best self all the time. Anyways. I hope you are all doing well, I'm pretty much out of time but I am so thankful for all your examples and help in my life. I'm praying for you all every day, and I can feel your prayers helping me out.
Well,
I shall email you in Italy! I might not be able to mail a written letter this week but I hope this suffices!
Love, ANZIANO RYAN DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment