Buon Giorno!
I'm still loving it here! We just got some new Italians that came in yesterday, they know pretty much absolutely nothing it is awesome. They just stare at us blankly when we speak with them, but I know they'll get as good at Italian as we will once they practice some. Lets see some funny stuff that happened this week.. one of the Anziani in our district, Anziano Robinson, was playing volleyball and jumped under the net and injured a German sister. She is limping now it was pretty crazy. I feel like we have an injury every volleyball game, but it is way too fun to stop playing. We continue to learn and study really hard Italian and the Book of Mormon and the Bible, I get distracted easily but I'm getting better about it. Some cool Italian phrases I have learned this week is Boco al lupo(note - its actually in bocca al lupo), which translates to something like in the mouth of the wolf. It means good luck, kind of like how we say "break a leg". Also the word Quindi is fun to say and it means "Soooo..." You always say it really long and drawn out like.. Quiiiiiinddiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.. and every time someone says that word now in our district everyone laughs. Our teachers are very confused why we laugh all the time at this. They are teaching us very well, one of our teachers is named Sorella Fairbanks (Sorella means sister, we call everyone brothers and sisters in our church. yes.) and she is ridiculously energetic and quirky all the time. We went on a gratitude walk earlier this week to get out of the classroom, and she just decided jump and stomp on all the leaves. So we all joined in. Also this week for fun one of the people in our zone printed out a copy of the Italian national anthem and so we have been singing it all this week. Its really really catchy and fun to sing. Speaking of singing we are singing a lot of Christmas songs for some reason. Some of the other missionaries in our district pick the songs that we sing at the beginning and end of our lessons. I love singing; it sets a jovial mood. We have some very loud singers in our zone, I fit right in. I'm also continuing to sing in the MTC (missionary training center) choir and convinced all the other people in my district of 10 people to join. Love it. We have recieved some mail from missionaries in Italy that left three weeks ago, they are all doing well and loving it. That is just making me more and more exciting for me to leave to Italy. Its so close that I'm leaving this country for a long time yess. Well it looks like this week comes to a close i'll have to send some more pictures this week. Hmmm what else to say. Thanks for everyone who wrote me again!! It is so excellent to get mail. I love you all!
FORZA ITALIA!!!!!
ANZIANO DAY
No comments:
Post a Comment