Ciao tutti!
Another week at the MTC! We have had some fun times this week. The new Anziani that we got last week are really cool and fun to be around. We played basketball and knockout with them. I tried out Anziano Bird's crazy workout routine one day and I got destroyed. I was sore for about 4 days we went up two flights of stairs and did 3 heel raises on each step. That was just one of the things we did. Elder Spencer Hansen just left on Tuesday I got a picture with him before he left at the big map. Oh also my mother sent me a package of food that including some extremely delicious salsa and chips. It was a pretty big jar of salsa but we finished the whole jar very quickly. Another great thing we did is we helped welcome many new missionaries that came in on Wednesday at the MTC. There were only about 350 coming in on Wednesday, as compared to some weeks before where there was as many as 600 or 700. I helped 3 missionaries to their rooms, helped them get all there stuff together, and got them to their classrooms. One of the missionaries was pretty funny; he is going to the Phillipines and he had absolutely no idea how to speak any Tagalog at all. I told him not to worry about it too much. I still remember the first week that I was here, and it was so hard for me to speak Italian. That has changed so much I can barely believe it. We also had a picnic with all the new Anziani and Sorelle this week, we ate sack lunches that we got from the cafeteria and talked and stuff. That was right after I got the package with all the food in it from my mother so it was most excellent. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies were definitely the highlight of that package. :' ) There is only a week and 5 days until I head out to Italy SO AMAZING. I get more and more excited every day. My Italian gets more and more intelligible every day; I'm still amazed how much I have learned in this short period of time. Its only been 6 or 7 weeks and I have learned more than I probably would have learned if I had taken 3 years of Italian in school. Well I don't have too much more time today to write but thanks again to everyone who wrote me this week it means a lot to me.
Arrivederci!
Anziano Ryan Day
I saw Ryan yesterday at the MTC! He is really excited to go into the field in 2 weeks! I asked if I could pester his mom for anything and he said no but was very excited about the salsa :)
ReplyDelete