Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy birthday Ryan!! Tons of photos including Matterhorn visit.

 Happy birthday to me

I had a great birthday; I will send some photos too. I have recieved the camera THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I was not expecting such an awesome camera. wow. I still have the package for you all too that I need to send.
My birthday was really great, I got a couple gifts from new converts that came to us to lunch, Alessio and Lysette. They are the greatest.  We went to this cheap "Sardo" (from Sardegna- Southern Italy) lunch place that had 2 courses plus all the extra stuff for 8 euro it was awesome. We are with Alessio and Lysette  as well as some other Torino Anziani. Anziano Moore and Tanner both have their birthdays this week so we just had a big birthday bash. It was great. And of course there is Simpsons in the background (Italians love the Simpsons) 


Here in Italy its a little different, they eat from 1230 to 330. (1-4 or more in the south) So a lot of pizza and food places are closed for lunch because people are eating (no sense!!!!!) Also food here is not spicy at all, only in Calabria is it really spicy and sicilia a little spicy. 


 


Afterwards we went to serata familiare (family night!) only 2 people showed up as well as the sister missionaries but it was still fun  .Also at family night we had a lot of food and party hats and it was really fun to celebrate the birthday. I was happy. 


 

 We read Moroni 7 about charity and then had a rock paper scissors tournament for the activity (unrelated concepts) I was happy. It was a great 21st birthday.

Today we visited the matterhorn and it was BEAUTIFUL. Mt. Cervino. wow! It was amazing! 
The actual matterhorn shape thats at disney land is on the swiss side. Oh well still cool.





The first picture of the matterhorn I got on the way there... wow..

Anziano Colemere, my collega and I!



Fall! 




Pointing to the Matterhorn with ski lifts.

We tried to get a timed photography shot right in front of a world war 2 memorial but I went in front of Anziano Tanner.


Here is a pigeon munching on some bread in front of a shop






Matterhorn by the lake!

Look closely, I am sitting on the cliff on the right. 

I precariously sit on a cliff


Note from Mom: The Matterhorn (the name of the peak in German) or Monte Cervino (Italian name) is between Switzerland and Italy.  It is 14,690 feet high.  As a side note, it is one of the last great Alpine peaks to be climbed and over 500 climbers have died trying to climb it. 


Mike Bongiorno. He is telling us to have a good day. 

Note from Mom: He is an American born Italian who was the most famous TV host in Italy hosting quiz TV shows similar to Jeopardy. (His last name, Bongiorno means "Good day") 












And here is part of our new house! It is much cleaner and less junkier so I am really happy to be there.
 Bunk beds: Im on the bottom bunk for once. Also here are our dressers. All thanks to IKEA.



We tried to go to the superga, which is a church in which you can see the all of Torino... But ecco there was fog and we could barely see the superga. Oh well. 

We went with the Anziani of the town of Vercelli, one of them from a place near Bari (in the South) named Anziano Scisci. I did a scambio with him this last week and he was telling me many crazy things about the south. Its a whole different world down there. With his family, his grandma had 19 children (all with the same husband) and then his dad barely speaks Italian, only the dialect of where he lives. I heard many other things but those are just two interesting things about his family. 





And last Pday we visited some ancient roman ruins in Aosta. It was really cool. 


Now that its starting to get a little chillier we are probably not going to do as extreme pdays because it is tiring and its always close fitting in internet and spessa. But it will still be fun. 




Two Anziani that we live with right now, Anziano Moore and Anziano Valencia (haha). Anziano Valencia is 6 7 and plays volleyball, and Anziano Moore is hilarious and is from a tiny town in Oregon.

Love you so much
Anziano Day



No comments:

Post a Comment