Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Giorgio, Conference, Youth (food) activity


One miracle that happened this week, was that I was trying to call one of our investigators named Giorgio, and I accidentally called a different investigator that we have taught before named Giorgio who decided to stop meeting with us. So of course I invited him to family night which was that evening and he came! He really loved the feeling of friendship with everyone there, we have some big characters that always come to family home evening. We played Ninja at the end, and then had a very spiritual discussion with him right before he left. Giorgio had been in the Catholic church but didnt like some of the beliefs and so then he changed to being muslim for a while! But he stopped that and now is investigating this church again. I really hope he feels the spirit and truth of this message and makes that relationship with his Father in heaven. 

I had an amazing experience with general conference, while all the Italians watched it in Italian in the main room all the missionaries huddled and watched it in English around a computer. The effect was nonetheless spiritually uplifting and inspiring!   (General Conference is a worldwide broadcast semiannual 2 day conference with 5 sessions  or 10 hours of treatments). 

After Sunday I felt amazing and refreshed and ready to continue to share this amazing message with others. Some of the talks that I really enjoyed were the one by D. Todd Christopherson, Richard G. Scott and also Russel M. Nelson. The common themes I really picked out was the importance of the family and the importance of being true to the eternal natures of women and men, as well as turning to the Lord and being strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ in times of need. I CANT WAIT to get the conference ensign issue and study them all more in depth. It was also really fun of course to be with a bunch of missionaries watching conference together.

Another miracle is that while I was on scambio with the assistents... I found out that my MTC companion Anziano Tymczuk is coming back to Italy Milan :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAH! Its so exciting and happy and I hope I see him soon! 

and then a picture of cuneo! I went there for a scambio (companionship exchange).

Nick and his funny face 
The first picture is a member named Nick in Cuneo. He is a big help to the missionaries here in Cuneo and also to the missionaries in Torino. I see him often. He made a really funny(scary) face for the camera.
Sacra di San Michele (stock photo) 

This last Preperation day we were able to visit the Sacra di San Michele, which is the official church or symbol of the piedmont region in Italy. It was absolutely beautiful, with an amazing view and towers and many other things.

Sacra di San Michele view

Picture taken at Sacra di San Michele

Climb to the top


Here is first a picture of us and 2 other anziani. We all went together to the Sacra di San Michele. 

Sacra di San Michele

Then the picture of the church, and the church on the hill on the way home. 

Historical note from Mom:  
This building pays tribute to Saint Michael.  On the threshold of the year one thousand, a man who sought redemption from a questionable past burst into John Vincent's hermitage: he was the Count Hugh (Ugone) of Montboissier, a rich and noble Lord of Auvergne, who had gone to Rome to ask forgiveness from Pope Sylvester II. The Pope gave him by way of penance a choice between a 7-year exile and the task of building an abbey. 
It was in the years 983-87 when the building of the monastery began, five Benedictine monks were assigned to establish the community. 


In this last week we had a youth activity! It was awesome. One of the people we know and teach named Max did a skillful peruvian dance with a nonmember friend, it was spectacular. He used a handkerchief the whole time as a prop in the dance and at one point was holding it with his foot (while still dancing) until he flicked it up back into his hand! Impressive! The youth here are so much more open to doing embarrassing things and displaying their talents, it made for a really fun activity. 


And of course I took a picture of the food that they had because there was a LOT of it. 

Also another picture of my holding my thumb up next to a shrimp



No comments:

Post a Comment