Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Thursday, August 1, 2013

miracles, yoga, calling for recipes


 I hope everything is going well with the family,

I was super excited to get letters from the Korean elders. It is so great to get mail and email fellow missionaries it really strengthens my testimony and pumps me up. 

I couldn't find my camera right before we left the house so Im sorry about that... I have such cool photos to send ahhh anyway. 

This week we had some great fun and miracles one great miracle was with a less active/part member family we visited. The wife is a member and she came to Church and was baptized but doesnt remember much. And then the husband is a non member and they have an adorable kid. anyways we taught them about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ which went well but when we came back the next week the wife told us that she had felt a feeling of peace after we left that lasted for a couple of days until her problems came back. We knew that was the Spirit because she has the gift of the holy ghost. 


Our zone with the new mission president

She told us she wanted to pray about the book of mormon to see if it was true but during the week she never felt peaceful enough to really seriously pray about it. She recognized how important it was to be at peace to say that prayer and find out for herself. It was a really cool miracle to see. Also her husband loves learning about the gospel we explained the plan of salvation to them and they really understood it and liked it. They still dont know everything but they feel feelings of peace everytime we come over ( I think it also helps that we bring a member who takes care of their kid during the lesson, haha) It's really fun and we both love going over there and teaching them.


Photos of Trieste


 We also taught a really awesome first lesson with a lady named Annamaria. She lives in the same apartment in Trieste that the Church used a long time ago. It even used to have a baptismal font. We brought over our Bishop to teach with us and he said he attended Church there when he was little but he didnt remember it. She told us a story how the head guy of Bosnia came over to her house (long story) and he told her he felt a very special spirit in the house. So great.   We taught the restoration to her and she loved it, she was invited to Church by a member and came and immediately loved Church. We are really pumped to teach her some more! 

There are so many miracles happening here! Another fun thing this week is I did a scambio (changed companions) with Anziano Stewart, who is in his second transfer out. We got up for exercise in the morning and did Yoga. So fun. in fact, mom could you send me some stuff on Yoga some routines we can do or something? I would love to start doing that more. It was peaceful and relaxing. He is a boss at the Italian language and inspired me to work harder at the language. 

I love having lunch and language study combined from 1 to 3 because then I can study the language for more than an hour (lunch never takes all of an hour) Anyways, I have been studying the new testament lately in the Amazing book of John, and it struck me this week how bad the jews were at that time. How Jesus tried so hard to preach his gospel to them and help them come to the true religion and know God, but they were so hard hearted that they just took everything he said and questioned and doubted it. I cant imagine it, definitely would be frustrating for me. At least when people arent interested in our message here they are nice about it, but Christ had to go through so much more. It makes my mission here seem a lot easier.

Anyways, I hope that everyone is doing well, I received all the letters of the family so you can expect some soon!

Ti voglio bene
Anziano Day

Ps thanks for the deviled egg recipe we are definitely going to make some. If you ever find any other great recipes that take less than an hour to make you should definitely send them to me

Note from Mom- Today Ryan has been gone one year and has one more year to go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment