Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Japanese gluttony, really happy lately



This week has been a really HOT week. We have started so many conversations with people on buses just talking about how hot it is. We made a mistake as a companionship this week and fasted for fast sunday... but fasted and didn't drink water also, so I got sick on tuesday. But I bought some Gatorade and drank a ton of water and I feel better now. We camped out at the Church yesterday until about 5 or 6 and just made calls ate lunch and studied there because our apartment doesn't have air conditioning, only 1 big fan and 2 little ones, and I was feeling pretty sick. They are on all day every day because it is so HOT. Its bad.


We went to a DELICIOUS JAPANESE ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET. And the food is delivered on a CONVEYER BELT TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow the greatest thing ever made in the history of the entire world. And we are going again today with the missionaries from Gorizia.



Notwithstanding the weather, one of the greatest miracles that happened this week was on Church on Sunday. It was fast and testimony meeting and our ward has caught the wave. One of the mothers of a missionary who is in Rome read a letter of his out loud to our ward, and it almost brought everyone to tears. He talked about how important it is to work with members to help bring people to Christ instead of just going out by ourselves to tract. 

Our mission has been really heavy on finding work like knocking doors and talking to people on the streets with President Wolfgramm, which has brought a lot of success but there is a better way, like Gordon B. Hinckley said. All the members after that all bore their testimonies on missionary work and how important it is and then Bishop also bore his strong testimony on the subject. Me and Anziano Taylor were ecstatic!


Pday we made some deviled eggs for lunch (plus leftovers of course) and they were delicious. (Thanks Mom for the recipe)

 I have also had dinner with members every night this week so far, because we can finally do dinners with members! It was not allowed before unless we had an investigator or new convert because dinners usually take a long time with Italians. Luckily up here in the North the meals arent as extravagant (well, I dont know about luckily...) but that means we are able to keep them under an hour and a half. 

I have been really happy lately to understate it. Lets see its also really cool to hear all these members testimonies and how the gospel has changed and effected their lives. Almost all the people here in Italy are converts and made powerful changes because of the Church, whether it was stopping smoking to becoming less selfish loving people.

 I love seeing how it changes peoples lives. I hope you all are doing well, I pray for you all every night.
Vi voglio bene
Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment