Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Thursday, July 25, 2013

watermelon challenge, stylish baptism


Transfer day has come and gone and the companionships have stayed the same this transfer, this really tripped out Anziano Taylor because he was expecting to leave. I like it though he is a fun companion. Another transfer together in Trieste! 

We have had many miracles in the last week like a baptism and we found a couple new people who were interested by talking to people on the bus or in the park. 

Its really interesting how God works... sometimes we plan finding work in the park or on the street or going door to door and get nothing. But other times when we talk to people on the bus, or have an extra 15 minutes and talk to someone about the Gospel, those are the times that we find people! Just that extra little effort. I have been realizing and understanding more and more my potential to work on the mission, its been really hard but fun to push myself and see where God helps me out in my progress. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ, every time I study it, Faith repentance baptism, recieving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end, I always learn stuff that really changes who I am. Its amazing how much I have learned from the same things. The words never change in the Book of Mormon, Bible, and Preach My Gospel, and yet new stuff pops out every time I read them!

 (im excited for the surprise Mom mentioned  in the letter)

We had a....
WATERMELON EATING CHALLENGE!
5 kili of watermelon.
we ate it all 
last pday.
ALL OF IT.

I was walking home and it was really hot, so we saw a watermelon in the store. Anziano Taylor was like, wow, 50 cents a kilo? Thats cheap! So I was like, heck, I want a watermelon. I bought a 5 kilo one and after a short chat with the store people we went in our house. 


Then I thought... Anziano Taylor... lets eat the whole thing. He stopped and reflected for a moment, and then committed to the challenge. And we ate it. I was really thirsty/hungry. So much fun.

Okay this week we had an exciting miracle... a baptism! of Giuseppe. He is a fun 9 year old kid. His parents were baptized a year ago and originally Giuseppe didnt want to get baptized, but the missionaries taught him some more and eventually he decided to be baptised.. It was all his decision! He is such a bravo little kid. 

He didnt like the one piece baptism clothes, he said, "Those are clothes for girls!" haha so he had a white shirt and white pants. And they were wearing white crocs before the baptism. Only in Italy.


 The baptism went really well, and then afterwards there was a TON of food because that family is from Napoli (of which we got leftovers). It was great and a majority of the ward showed up, 40 or 50 peole in total. Tons of support, and great people. We showed the restoration film when they were changing and a friend of a member got to see it.. so great!




Camille is going to a concert- The Postal Service- I have heard of the postal service and listened to their stuff a bit.. I think they are called that because the group would mail each other tapes and edit them and send them back to make songs. I dont remember any of their music.

 I hope that everyone is doing well back at the day household I really appreciate all the normal pictures. The day in the life of a missionary photos are in the works.. They will come soon once I get all the photos I need itll be good.
I love you mom thanks for everything!

Anziano Day
PS also I would love a recipe for deviled eggs. I was thinking about boiled eggs this week and thought, wow I wish I had a boiled egg maker so we could make some... hey wait a minute why dont I just boil the eggs! haha. So we bought tons of eggs this week and are going to eat them for breakfasts. So we want to make deviled eggs.
 Also in other news..   Saldi (sale) is in full sale, so I finally bought some really nice italian clothes for ridiculously cheap (20 euro for pants, 10 for white shirts, 40 euro for a full suit, etc etc its quite good.) Im pretty excited. They have saldi in august and in december. Its horrible for the economy but awesome for buyers! They pretty much try to get rid off all their stuff before taxes are taken.

 I also heard the Rome temple is being slowed down until 2015. Darn! Maybe we will have to come back when it opens again... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment