Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

cleanliness convert, teaching pagans?, the best thing I've ever done



We have had a very spiritual and enthusiastic week, with many great things happening!

We also taught a new convert we have tamed Tobia this week, and he is having a lot of problems in his life right now. We taught him about how to create a peaceful atmosphere where God could communicate with him through scripture, study prayer and... ...cleanliness haha.

Its really interesting how cleanliness brings in the spirit. I notice always as a missionary when I am clean and tidy and have everything organized, then I am a diligent obedient missionary, but when everything is disorganized and messy it becomes a lot more difficult to work hard and be the person God wants me to be.

We tried a lot to help Tobia to understand this because he really has need of that. We read him in John 14:26-27 Where it talks about that peace comes from the Holy Ghost. I think we helped...

John 14: " 26 But the aComforter, which is the bHoly Ghost, whom the Father will send in my cname, he shall dteach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
 27 aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid.
 but we will follow up with him!

 The biggest miracle this week happened with the husband of a less active couple that we visited. We have taught him a couple lessons so far, and he has started reading the book of mormon and come to church a couple times. At the end of our last lesson, we asked him to pray. We had witheld from asking him the other lessons because he said he was pagan. But really... he isnt pagan! He just said that the first time we met with him just because.

We asked him to pray and after some discussion on why we call God "Padre Celeste"  (Heavenly Father) .  He commenced to give a beautiful prayer. After the prayer we just sat there in silence, all of us feeling the spirit, with his wife crying a little bit. Finally their baby burped and the atmosphere changed back to normal, haha, but we knew that we had touched the hearts of these people.

They always invite us back because (they say) of the peace they feel when they talk with us. Thats really a special thing. Im so thankful to be a part of their lives and helping them come unto Christ.

Modena
I was also able to visit a district leader training conference this week in Modena... 4 and a half hours by train! We stayed the night in Padova and then left for there the next day. I absolutely love our mission President Dibb. He has a vision from the Brethren and he wants to bring it out to pass! He implemented some new things to help us be more accountable to help recent converts in the church, as well as generally inspiring us. He has such a passion for the work and is very organized and methodical in carrying it out. I learned so much just from his example that day it was really amazing. I am excited to bring his vision now to Trieste!

President and Sister Dibb and our zone (from an earlier meeting) 
  Thanks also for the missionary experiences of Lorenzo Snow (the first missionary from our church to Italy in the 1800's) , they were really touching. 
Padova


THANK YOU SO MUCH for the yoga, and the cookbooks. The "missionary cookbook" is really funny and good. One recipe calls for...

One cup cooked rice
One cup chili

1. Heat up one cup chili and put with one cup rice.
2. Serve warm.

Haha but there are also a ton of great recipes in there.

ALSO THE EASY ITALIAN COOKBOOK is glorious!!!! All of the recipes are legit Italian recipes and I made a potato dish last week that was eaten very quickly. I think its the greatest cookbook ever and I can actually make mostly all of the dishes in there. Its really exciting I get excited every time I look through it.

 I dont have too much more time but thanks for everything!

I love being a missionary and serving the Lord. 

It is the best thing that I have ever done.

Vi voglio bene

Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment