Ciao!
This week has been awesome last thursday we went to Pordenone for a zone conference. The church there is exactly like an american church with pews and even a second story basketball hoop in the gym! There is a really large american base at pordenone so they have a lot of American stuff.
And then here is piazza unita' italia (unitalia) at sunset in Trieste. So beautiful.
hope you are happy I took a picture of myself in the scenery
haha
|
We got to meet presidente Dibb in Pordenone too! (The newly arrived mission president) He is really awesome and commands a lot of respect. I talked to him one on one after and he is a really focused and determined mission president. He has a vision of where he wants the work to go and how to do it, and now we just need to catch on to his vision.
Pordenone, Italy is between Trieste and Venice
Oh and some CRAZY missionary things are in the works right now... First is that pretty soon.. backpacks are not going to be allowed anymore! WOW. The church wants us looking professional instead of like students or other things so we will have to be getting side bags. Just like the one I already have. I bought a backpack on the mission but I think Im going to buy another side bag that is lighter and smaller than the one I have now. The other thing... Tan pants are in! and then they are going to phase in ... TABLETS like Ipads to all the missionary companionships! all within one year! WOW. I am excited because it will make it so much easier to keep records and to communicate and things.Anyways. That was pretty exciting.
Other things that have happened this week... we were able to go to our Bishops house this week and visit them, that was pretty great. He is a pretty young bishop, late 20s early 30s, with a couple young kids but he is just great. You can see the love he has in his eyes for all the members and for us. Its like a little sparkle he has. We went over and shared a message, and then they gave us a ton of stuff! He was just going to throw away 2 pairs of perfectly great shoes, there were some sweet Gold Nikes and some great dress shoes.. Anziano Taylor called dibs on the Nikes so I was like... Yes.... So I have a pair of extremely fancy Italian dress shoes (a little too fancy I might add.) Now that I have hyped them up so much I will send a picture next week. They also gave us some Ragu (classic italian sauce with meat) and gelatto and his wife gave Anziano Taylor her bible when he told her how much he liked it. Italian hospitality is a little ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome!!
| Here is Anziano Sanacuore who I went on a scambio (changing companions) with, he is from Sicilia and plays piano really well. Also Giuseppe who is getting baptised this saturday yaaaaaay!! |
I was also able to go on splits with an Italian elder for a day Anziano Sanacuore (left) from Sicilia (sicily) He plays the piano expertly, better than me, and he only started when he was 16. Wow. We had a lot to talk about and we talked the entire day in Italian. It was so nice. If I only I had a native companion... ohhh. It pumped me up even more to learn Italian so I made a giant list of words in english that I want to know in Italian. Ive gotten to the point where if I stayed at the level I am in Italian for the rest of my mission, I would be able to do my work really well, so know I can really start to grow in Italian. I pick out words I dont know instead of words I do know in conversations, haha.
One of the best things about this last week was that I only cooked one day of the entire week. I will recount how I pulled it off. So. First I bought groceries on Wednesday. Thursday we got fed at the conference. Friday it was Anziano Taylors turn to cook. Saturday we got fed lunch by a member. Sunday I just heated up the Ragu that was given to us. Monday we ate at Gorizia after we had district meeting there. Finally yesterday I made some steak. It was delicious. And now I have tons of food. What a great life!
On the work end, we have been having a hard time finding people to teach, a lot of people have been going on vacation or are not interested anymore, so its now time for us to find tons of new people to teach! Baptism this saturday is going to be awesome... And then maybe Anziano Taylor will get transferred and ill have a new companion! Who knows O_o.
And to answer your questions yes we teach a free english class every week. Not too many people comes right now but we want to put up a ton of publicity so that we can get the class going again.
Thank you so much I got so many things this last week, all of the letters from the family reunion was SO GREAT. I loved seeing all the letters from everyone in the family. Tell them all I love them and they are awesome.
And also tell Aunt Stephanie yes I will find one.
I also got Jeremy's letters they were much appreciated. It is so exciting he went to Mongolia. I absolutely loved how he rode a yak and a camel and was dressed up in traditional garb. That pretty much made my day. And finally the arm exercises are great I am starting to do them know. Hopefully we will see some effects soon.
Hope everything is well at home
alla prossima ciao ciao ciao
Anziano Day

No comments:
Post a Comment