Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

interesting people, baptism


This week we had a baptism! It was really awesome. 

My companion was still recovering from the flu this week so it was a little slow being able to teach people, but he baptized her anyways on Saturday. Her name is Paola. Im sorry I dont have any pictures to send, I think I might get them in later today because I forgot my card reader. 

Also this week we had a really great ward council for the first time, many people in our ward are from the deep south like Napoli and Calabria and so they are very opinionated. I love Italian culture because people just interrupt each other shamelesly and its totally normal. I really do love Livorno, all the people here and the city. The members here are so diverse and interesting. 

One man who seems like the renaissance man of our branch is named Pino. Pino knows everything. Every little mechanical problem on our bike he knows how to fix (much better than the bike fixers in Reggio, thats for sure) and he gives amazing dazzling haircuts for a very low price (for free) He used to serve in the American army on the base in Pisa, and so he also knows English super well. He teaches one of the intermediate courses in our English class. I will have to get a picture of him soon because he has a classic beard and mustache. 

Other people in our ward are equally interesting. One night we had a dinner with the Zerbi family, who are from Calabria. When we ate there, they asked us, how spicy do you want your food? We americans are used to Italians not really liking spicy food so we said, very hot. Little did we know about Calabrese food.. It was soooo hot! They just laughed at us because we were almost sweating when we ate it. Fratello (brother) Zerbi is very small but he talks very loud and fast. He is a classic Italian according to American standards. Anyways enough with the food business. 

I have just started studying the new testament really intensely and it has been really rewarding for me. (Im holding off on the D and C for now momma) I read the Book of Mormon and New Testament together and it really helps things just make sense. Like for example when it talks about how Christ had to get baptized to fulfill all righteousness, and it explains what that means in 2 Nephi 31:5. 

 And now, if the Lamb of God, he being aholy, should have need to be bbaptized by water, to fulfil all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be cbaptized, yea, even by water!

I feel the spirit super strong when this happens. I am also using Jesus the Christ to study a lot too. 

All in all its really rewarding and I feel great. To understate it. 

My companion and I have a lot of fun working hard and so I feel great. 
Yes.

Arrivederci e buona settimana a tutti!
Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment