Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jabba the Hutt invades Livorno


Hello! 
This week has been pretty slow, my companion Anziano Locklear has caught the flu. Luckily I already had it last transfer, so I think Ill be immune to his sickness. Hopefully. Pretty much what I have done is cleaned the house. 

I think I sent a picture of the church magazines in a stack under a shelf, We have every Ensign and Liahona from about 15 years back and then have ensigns dating back to 1970, as well as improvement eras and La stella, the precursor to the Liahona. Anyways. I organized them and I dominated the house and cleaned it up really good. Im pretty happy with what I have done. But now there is nothing left to do and my companion still has the flu.

This is now organized!

 Oh well. A woman named Paola is getting baptized this weekend which is really awesome. She came to know the church through her friend Sorella Rodriguez, who is this Hondurian lady who is really big and loud and great. We are really excited for Paola, Anziano Locklear and his companion helped her make a lot of progress, and I am just seeing the fruits of their efforts.

First class train ride-for some reason we were able to sit in first class even though we paid for second class.  Notice the huge arm rest and head pillow!


News from home: 
I really appreciate the Salad chart! I always remember seeing it at home and I wanted it. Also the exercises for my arm and how to cook veggies are really appreciated. The letter you wrote last week arrived yesterday so it was a pretty quick mail time. 

Thats also great to hear Ben got home from his mission to Nebraska okay, I hope Jeremy in Texas is doing well too. Also Richard Lee going on a mission and speaking Hmong!!! what the heck??? That  is great exciting news. I also love that Doctrine and Covenants 6 scripture you were talking about, I found that originally in PMG, for me I also thought about that whenever we want a further witness of truth from God, we need to think about the times where we had a witness from him already. Pretty cool.

About my schedule:
We have district meeting every Monday, and it is a really great time to rejuvenate ourselves and get pumped about the work for that week. Also I usually see president about once a month, whether for Zone conference which happens about 6 times a year and also interviews. In Reggio I saw him more than I do now.  I hope our mission does all right without President and Sorella Wolfgramm they are absolutely great. They make the mission run really smoothly.   About the English classes that we teach- we have an English Italian manual that we teach out of, and yeah.

Food Report: 

Missionary entertainment: 

Jabba the Hutt out of bread dough-



a churro we made. It was delicious!




 Im sorry I dont have more pictures of doing missionary work and stuff haha.. I only take pictures with my camera when we are cooking and on Pday usually.



 My companion is sick and needs to get home, so I am about running out of time! I continue to have many spiritual experiences and changing moments on the mission, even when I am just sitting in the house studying. It is a marvelous thing. I know that our Redeemer lives and I love this church it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Vi amo e vi voglio bene,
Anziano Day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment