Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What is a Cinque Cinque?


That is really funny that everyone wanted to see my story of the unfortunate day. It was definitely and unfortunate day of unfortunate events. But it is fun to look back on. 

I am also really happy about this email pretty much everyone rule. It is most excellent. (Ryan is now permitted to email anyone (it used to be email for family, letters for everyone else)  Finally Taylor Davidson wrote me it was great. Anyone who wants to write me please do so! 

My email is Ryan.Day@myldsmail.net

Anyways this week was filled with rushing around the city visiting everyone that my companion wanted to and also eating all the food that he wanted to eat before we left. It was a little bit crazy. 

On sunday we ate at the Aniellos (Napolitano family) and then I finally had my baptism of Cinque Cinque sandwiches here in Livorno. We went to the number 1 and number 2 best places to get cinque cinque in all of the world! What cinque cinque is is chickpea flour made into patties, served usually with melanzane (eggplant) (soaked in balsamic vinegar mmmm) and also salsiccia toscana sandwich where they spread sausage onto a scacciata piece of bread and it is extra delicious. 

I am really sad I do not have photos but there will be some when I feed... a new missionary who I am training next transfer! Wow! I will be training this missionary and helping him learn Italian for the first three months he is here. It is still a mystery who he is.. I am supposed to meet him at one of the churches in Milano and I dont even know his name. But I am really excited. It is seriously awesome. 

baptism of Paola 

My study place

A photo I took at dusk in Livorno


More desk space where we do our language study, our lesson study and our individual study

On some other notes the weather here is kind of sour, there has been a lot of rain and some huge winds, 

Anziano Locklear and I have almost run into some cars and other things being blown over by the wind, its kind of scary and fun. 

I have been really happy to serve with Anziano Locklear these past six weeks and I will miss him. He is very loud and energetic just like me so it was really fun. But I will be happy to train a new missionary.

More news next week ciao ciao ciaoo.. 

Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment