Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sweet gifts and The Miracle of....


Ciao tutte persone belli!
I have just recieved a marvelous gift this week. It is the gift of a new missionary who has just come into the mission! I am training him and it is so much fun. His name is Anziano Green and he is happy, optimistic, humble, and has about 60 pounds on me. Haha. We have seen tons of miracles this week because of his (and I suppose my) faith. 



Here is my awesome new collega (companion), Anziano Green


One of my favorite miracles this week was when we were searching for people to talk to on the streets. It was a dark cold, Sunday night. We had been contacting people for about 45 minutes in a large piazza (plaza) with no success. So Anziano Green was like, I feel like we should say a prayer right now. So we did. Then we continued our journey to find a person who would recieve our message. We were heading one direction when we both felt constrained to move a different direction. Anziano Green said "I feel like we should go.." and then I interrupted him and said Yes I feel that way too!  We both knew seperately which direction to go next.  So we walked that direction into the very middle of the piazza and saw a couple walking toward us. I told Anziano Green to talk to them and so he approached them with broken Italian. But, God is merciful and answers prayers, and they were a couple that were very interested in learning about the Book of Mormon and the Gospel, and so we set up an appointment with them for Sunday. It. was. awesome! I loved feeling that direct guidance from God, and then following it. Miracles. 

Anyways our whole week has pretty much been like that more or less. All Anziano Green wants to do is work hard and follow the spiritual promptings, and thats what I want to do too! He is slowly learning Italian.. I correct him about almost everything though, so that is helping him improve super fast. 

One of the people we are teaching finally came to church this week, Saverio, after about 2 months of not coming so we were really happy about that.

Also my tie was made, a member in the last congregation I was in from Ghana had a sweet hookup that made bead ties. So now I have one. Awesome.  Note that it is personalized. Sweet gift #2.

I LOVE training it is so much fun. Our district this transfer only has 2 copia(companionships) in it, but it is still awesome. 

I am really excited also for easter this week. Anyways so in short my companion is awesome and we are very excited, I know that there will be miracles done here in Livorno! 

When I went to the initial training meeting there was like 25 missionaries there that needed to be trained, so ridiculous! We are getting flooded! 

And all the prayers are really helping us thank you so much.

 I am really happy as a missionary right now

Hope everyone is doing well!

Auguri e buona pasqua!

Anziano Day
PS I am doing really well with the language these days, I can understand about 95 percent of what people are saying now, its really nice. I have been working a lot on pronunciation so I think Im getting better at speaking it too. and YES thank you so much for the Cds you gave me and REESES PUFFS especially the Yoyo Ma CD. I absolutely love Yoyo Ma's cello playing. Thats great that Jeremy is still a boss going and doing great things, Camille looks great in her photo well she just might be growing up a bit. Also it is just way to crazy to hear about all the girls I know going on missions Its a little overwhelming.


love again

 (Anziano) Ryan (Day)

PPS So cool story.. At the Firenze (Florence) train station, and I was just minding my own business... When a random asian guy comes up to me and asks me if I can take a picture with him in broken English! So I was like, heck I want a picture! so I took one.   (note Ryan's cool Italian scarf) 



1 comment: