I am really having a blast in Livorno it is a bellissimo city. We are right near the sea, but there is no beach only a terraza (boardwalk) so we can go real close. The pictures I am sending we took while we were taking a little break from finding work on a beautiful day.
The beautiful terraza of livorno, and also me right next to the sea with a book of mormon! so great. I love it.
Pope Talk
It was really funny actually we visited a members house on sunday and somehow the topic of the new pope got brought up and she was like.. oh papa nero! (black pope) haha apparently there was a priest in the 10th century in Ireland who predicted that after the Catholic church had this many number of popes as we have now, that the "corruption" of the Catholic church would be exposed and the catholic church would crumble. Something like that. You should double check me on that. But there is a black cardinal and also an American Cardinal that could become pope, so people were talking about that too. Pretty cool.
On the work front we are working with one investigator Paola who is for sure getting baptized the week after this one. She is really brava and we are super excited for her. She is Livornese.
Also we are working with a man named Saverio from Calabria at the very southern end of Italy (the foot of the boot on the map) who has a very very tender heart and just loves everyone. He is a boss. And he cooks SO GOOOD IT IS a little bit ridiculous. We ate at his house and I dont think I have ever eaten better food in my entire life. Also one funny thing he did this week is after english class he was talking about how young he is (50s) and then he proceeded to do the splits right in front of us! We had to help him back up but it was really hilarious.
Oh yes and I am also teaching a free english class here, its pretty fun I like to be an energetic teacher. I had 7 students the first week and then this week there were 15 people including Saverio! So many people but it was really fun. We have also made a ton of good food this week. I will send pictures.
maybe we still need a little organization...
Our branch is also really really awesome, they all love to help the missionaries and speak English with us especially.
Anyays I am running out of time but I must say I love Livorno a lot it is very beautiful. Oh and one other thing my companion is southern so I learned how to deep fry things this week. yes. I really am thankful for this gospel of Jesus Christ, it really helps the people we teach and we get to see miracles every day.
I love this church and being a missionary!
Love, Anziano Day
Food Report
Livorno specialty! speck (prosciutto) and mascarpone. But we made it ourselves, and it was extremely delicious
Here is me with the spec and mascarpone cheese pizza, and
we made a salami cheese focaccia (below) that was delicious, (even though our gas oven cant give the foccacia a nice color!
and then... deep fried eggplant
Delicious deep fried eggplant cinque cinque sandwich (if you havent noticed thats one of my favorite sandwiches to make here)
No comments:
Post a Comment