Anyways this week was awesome!! It was a 4 hour train ride from Milano to Livorno for my transfer to a new city, so it was a pretty crazy ride. I wrote everyone letters. We got to the Livorno apartment (I think its called leghorn in america but thats a pretty gross name). Livorno is a port city on the west coast of Italy.
We have just been having a really amazing week. We have seen tons of Miracles, We were able to see an investigator my companion hadnt seen for 10 weeks named Saverio, another person contacted us because he found a bigliettino (pass along card) on the ground and called us, we had an amazing first lesson, and then a man named Hipolito we couldnt contact for the longest time.
Here is my companion Anziano Locklear, he is a southern gent from North Carolina, and also Native American (born on a reservation)
With Hipolito it was really a miracle because we suoned (rang) him at the door (everyone lives in apartments and have a ringer on the outside of the building) He didnt respond but then a lady went inside and said, do you need to come in? we said, yes we do. Then we got up and there was another door we had to suonare and another lady went in that door and said, do you need to come in here? we said, yes of course! and so we were able to knock on Hipolitos door and see how he was doing to help him out.
All of these people really want to change their lives and live better, its absolutely amazing to see God work in their lives. We are both having a blast working hard and doing the things the Lord wants us to. Its a great day every day!
About news from home...
About news from home...
Wow it is hard to hear of Kyle needing more ankle surgery I hope that he does okay.. I cant imagine how hard it would be to return being a missionary for medical reasons.
About packages and music...My companion got coolaid from his home and they didnt pay any tarrifs.. But also the music rule is that it has to be church related and my companion has to like it too. So we listen to Alex Boye, some christmas cello music and other things too. As long as its inspirational and brings the spirit I like it. So I would love to get any church related CD that you think. I love having a surprise.
The food report:
About packages and music...My companion got coolaid from his home and they didnt pay any tarrifs.. But also the music rule is that it has to be church related and my companion has to like it too. So we listen to Alex Boye, some christmas cello music and other things too. As long as its inspirational and brings the spirit I like it. So I would love to get any church related CD that you think. I love having a surprise.
The food report:
The first food picture is spaghetti with a homemade ragu sauce that I made, and then for Sunday Lunch Anziano Locklear made chili, SOO GOOD) and I made some extra delicious foccacia.
if you can send anything through amazon uk, here are the suggestions--
Also my companion says he wants to have hot tamales (the little red candies) and I would love reeses puffs.
Everything else is great hear, we just had Saldi so I feel thoroughly equipped. I'll definitely start the strength exercises as well, as Mom suggested.
Everything else is great hear, we just had Saldi so I feel thoroughly equipped. I'll definitely start the strength exercises as well, as Mom suggested.
I hope everyone at home is doing well, ci sentiamo la prossima volta
Elder Day
Elder Day
No comments:
Post a Comment