We just got a few letters from Ryan written over a month. I will include some excerpts.
January 24, 2013
Dear Mother,
I love hearing about all your New Testament knowledge. I would like to read that all the way through soon. I have only thoroughly gone through Acts on the mission. It is so great to hear all the stuff Pietro, (Peter) James , Paul and all the other apostles and good people did in the Europe area. It is cool to think that Paul was hiking around Italy many years ago. Very Cool. Roberto is finally getting baptized! He is someone that I remember going to General Conference (the first week I was in Italy) in Modena on October 4th and I attempted to talk with him on the train ride over but I could barely speak any Italian then. Now he has overcome all of his challenges and will be baptized this Saturday. Meno Male (thank goodness). He has had a long road, but is making the right choices... Very happy. It is still cold, here in Reggio Emilia. Sometimes it rains, snows but the weather is usually pretty consistent, unlike California. When we have snow or rain, it usually happens for a week at a time.
Dad- That is cool that you have given so many talks in so many wards. You must be an excellent talk giver by now. I'm still not good at giving talks, I think, I don't know. I have only given one talk on the mission. I am super happy to be in Reggio Emilia right now.
We have many investigators that are making steady progress. Another person we are really happy about is a 20 year old young man, Jouissance from Haiti who we have set a baptismal date with. He is very cool and loves church.
I love you so much and hope to hear from you soon.
Love, Anziano Ryan Day
February 7th 2013
Dear Family,
Right now I 'm on a train heading to the beautiful city of Livorno in Toscana. I am so very super excited. It is a little ridiculous- the countryside here is extremely gorgeous, it's exactly like those post-cards- beaches , landscape and scenery. I am in love with it all! I will miss the old town of Reggio nell'Emilia however because that is my "birthplace" in the mission and also that place has an awesome ward with many diverse people in it I really enjoyed it a lot. I am very happy to be on a mission right now. I know it is what the Lord wants me to do because I can feel His love when I teach his children. It is a really special thing.
Love, Anziano Ryan Day
No comments:
Post a Comment