I am very happy to be able to write to you this week.
The important stuff that happened this week, we were able to teach a lot of people. One interesting person is named Mierco. We were riding our bicycles and we felt prompted to talk to this man who was buying cigarettes. We told him he has spiritual gifts and asked him if he knew what they were, and that got him interested. He told us he believed in something called the luce di zoar (light of zoar?) when we visited him in his house we found out it was an old Jewish thing or something and that he believes in Jesus Christ and everything. Haha. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he has started reading it, he is really open and very intelligent so its really nice to help him learn.
We also started teaching John this week! He is absolutely fantastic and loves the church. He came last week and we translated for him. Also something really funny is that we brought a member named Sasa (I think I have talked about him before) to John to help teach him, and they totally both hit it off. The funny thing is that Sasa is from Croatia and John is from Nigeria, but Sasa absolutely loves John and its great. Its amazing to see how much everyone has in common from the gospel in so many different places.
We also had another opportunity to go to Caritas again to prepare and serve food for the needy this week! We made a ton of food and served it to people who need it, and I handed out the bagged lunches on the way out, and saw a ton of people that we have talked to on the streets. So great. haha. di nuovo!
Food Report: Okay so just a couple questions... Anziano Fiorentino and I would like to know how to make Latkes. Please if you could get me a really good recipe of Latkes we would like that. We tried to make them but they turned into potato omelettes instead. Haha.
We have continued to make more delicious food during the week, delicious focacia bread with pizza on top and deep fried plantains (kind of like bananas) Yes I am now equipped with the knowledge of how to make focaccia bread. :)

Also this week we did something touristy (after 2 months in Italy we thought it might be okay.) and during our preparation day we visited Parma. Parma doesnt have a ward right now, its had a branch but they closed it and all the members in Parma go to the church in Reggio Emilia. It is about a 20 minute train ride from Reggio Emilia, and we have one investigator named Juissance there. (He is a young Haitain that we found when he fell asleep on his train, and we missed ours, and so we taught him on a bench in Sant Ilario. It was great)
Anyways Parma is a very beautiful city with many parks and many stores. I bought an Italian cookbook on how to make bread and a beanie (I hope thats good for a birthday present for now, I tried to find a Christmas CD store but I couldnt) and we went all over the city with 4 other missionaries. We ate pizza and Gelato and then went home I loved it.
There are tons of Gelaterias all over Italy and gelato is one thousand times better than ice cream. But ice cream is still good of course.
On the homefront- thats so excellent that Jeremy and Camille are singing the Babe song in choir.( "If I had words") I love that song so much! I hope they make the dessert carol night concert. I have really fond memories of all the dessert carol nights that I did with my minimal waiter duties and it being cold and us lining up and everything. Choir was great.
I have that Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD and it has some candlelight songs on it so I get to remember those times whenever I listen to it. Thanks for all those Mormon tabernacle choir CDs by the way I absolutely love them. I listen to them all the time.
Oh and thanks for all the letters from the Clark family reunion! I just got them. Im really sad that I missed that because that really would have been awesome; I never get to see that side of the family very much. Its great to hear from everyone.
Anyways thats about it this week!
I know this church is true because I see God helping me and Anziano Fiorentino every day!
Thanks for all your prayers they really help! I love this gospel and the Book of Mormon and the joy it brings people.
Ciao Belli e pace
Anziano Day
P.S. I will definitely pray for Brother Kramer.
Im sorry for not writing everyone back! Non ho tempo.
Also my Italian is getting a lot better.
And please send me times you will be awake in America for Christmas and translate them to Italian times for next week.
Grazie!


No comments:
Post a Comment