For Christmas Eve we went over to a members house Fratello Triglia, and his whole family was over. We ate many different courses, including octopus salad (extra delicious)
and then we played this game called tombolo, which was kind of like bingo, where they called out numbers and if you got 3 4 or 5 in a row you get something. Except you dont want to win because the prizes are horrible! haha well they were horrible to the Italian family we were with. They were little trinkets that were just ugly. I won a ornament sized wheelbarrow with little decorations inside. It was funny because all the prizes that the family thought was ugly looking and horrible to win (che schifo! thats disgusting!) would be things that American families would totally put in their house as decorations. I got a good laugh out of that.
Italy is awesome. Anyways it was really fun to have a 6 course meal, but the thing that surprised me is that I was trying to eat all the food they gave me, but they told me to stop eating because they could tell I was full. That hasnt happened to me with an Italian family yet, it was pretty nice.
We then had the opportunity to attend the midnight mass in the Duomo in our town, it was really interesting and cool to see everyone gathered together to celebrate Jesus Christ's birth.
On Christmas morning us missionaries hosted a breakfast at the Church, and about 10 or 15 people came, it was a great turnout. We had many different dishes from different cultures like delicious rice and meat and some fish balls.
It was a great start to the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ!
The whole day I was happy because of this (also because of food of course) For lunch we went to another members house and had an enourmous meal, and finally for dinner we went to a man named Samuele Dansos house, where we ate FUFU!!!! A traditional dish from Ghana.
It was delicious, but not to everyone, because one of the Sister missionaries is a vegetarian. I know how to make goat soup now, so watch out!!
We shared a spiritual message at the end of the night, about how Samuel the Lamanite ( a prophet from the Book of Mormon) testified of the Birth of Jesus Christ. It was funny because at Samuele Dansos's house, Samuele heard what we were talking about, and he was like, thats me! I am Samuel the Lamanite. He kept on saying that the whole time we shared this message with him.
Here is the link to Samuel the Lamenite...
I absolutely loved Christmas and everything associated with. It was great to be able to share about Jesus Christs birth with everyone and see the smiles on their faces.
The best part of Christmas was talking with my family on skype. I was so happy to see them and talk with them they are doing so well with everything.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Buon Natale e Auguri!
Love
Anziano Day



No comments:
Post a Comment