This week was a great one. One of my favorite things that happened this week was our Serata familiare (family home evening) that Anziano Fiorentino and I held. We had an Italian man Roberto, an Egyptian man Ahmad, and a Nigerian Lady Maryam all come. And of course, us two americans. It was great to see all of us being able to talk about spiritual things and to relate to each other even though all of us had come from so diverse places. We had an activity about spiritual gifts, we hid a bunch of candies and wrapped each one with a paper that had a scripture on it describing a spiritual gift that people had. Everyone especially loved eating the candies haha.
OH also this saturday we had the best day ever in Parma. We visited 2 investigators, one named Juissance who is really cool from Haiti, and then a Nigerian man named Clement. Clement is completely great. I finally found my African counterpart, and it is Clement. He has a big booming laugh just like me and is always happy and knows all the Africans in the whole city of Parma and Reggio Emilia. He welcomed us into his house and fed us lunch, but he admitted he wasnt really a good cook. He fed us overly spicy pasta and also badly made tiramisu. It was his first time making it, and he made a pretty funny look when he first tasted his own tiramisu. He has a super strong testimony of Jesus Christ and wants to love everyone it is great.
THE SNOW HAS COME TO REGGIO EMILIA ALSO!! I absolutely love it. It snowed one night in the church and everything was cold and white. My toes have only been frozen a couple times now. It was really cool though, we contacted this woman from Ghana on the way home from the church, and she said she had never seen snow before in her entire life! What a great experience to share with her. She said it was too cold. haha. Ah so much more to say but so little time..
We also have a really amazing investigator Fabio right now, he has such a strong desire to serve everyone around him. He is trying to quit smoking right now, and it truly is amazing to see his progress! He used to smoke 30 cigarettes a day, but now only smokes about 7 or 8 a day. We saw him in the supermarket today, and he was like "the first thing I want to do in the morning isnt smoking anymore, its to eat breakfast!" he is very happy with these changes in his life and so are we. We are so happy to be missionaries these days even though it is freezing, and the work is keeping going on! so excellent! I love you all! This church is true and God is there!
ciao ciao buona sera (in italia anyways)
I can skype or call you on Christmas Day! I dont know what our Christmas plans are this week, but I shall figure them out by next week. I am so glad brother Kramer is doing okay! Mom asked me if I am using my music. I have played the piano in some missionary things and also I have played in church and for a baptismal service I accompanied a sorella missionary. My companion is a little bit good at music.. I have been teaching him piano some whenever we are waiting for an appointment at the Church and he is getting pretty okay at sight reading I am very impressed. His tone is not so great, we sing every morning for companionship study but he does pretty well compared to many.
Haha and that is great I am glad Camille and Jeremy are both doing well I am seriously so sad that I havent been able to write you all more.. meh. I will write everyone a letter this next week! Oh yes and hit me up with Abbys address in Brazil. Well how is everything else at our house? How is the Christmas tree looking, are you celebrating hannukah this year with the Howards, and what is the other latest and greatest things? I just wanted to let you all know that I am praying for each one of you every single day and I hope that I will be able to send more letters soon.
Yes.
Anziano Day

No comments:
Post a Comment