That sounds really fun that you all are going to visit the day family in Oregon! so much family visiting wish I could too oh well.
THANK YOU FOR THE GRINCH QUOTE YES. It always brings back memories of the animated one that we watch every year how the grinch stole Christmas.
"It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
The Grinch who stole Christmas Dr Suess.
THIS WEEK. I finally got my permesso di sojourno this week (not sure how to spell that) [Permesso di sogiorno] so I am a legal italian immigrant now! Its great.
We had a beautiful zone conference this last week that was so excellent I loved it. They did a whole Christmas program and picked parts for a lot of the missionaries. I didnt get picked but that was good because when everyone was preparing we got to sing Christmas Carols. I joined with Anziano Lockleer, this anziano from tennesse with a thick southern drawl who was in the group below me in the MTC, and we sang christmas carols together with much gusto. It was also just a great experience to be able to enjoy the spirit of Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ, with many missionaries.
Im now an official Italian Immigrant!
We saw this volkswagon bus with Pink Floyd's The Wall on its door. YES!
We have been loving talking about christmas even though it is so cold! Its usually between 1 and 5 degrees here in Reggio Emilia (about 30 to 40) at all times.
Anyways I dont have too much time so I am just going to send a bunch of pictures. Enjoy. The work is going great here, we hit a little slump last week, it was hard to find people who were interested in our message because it was so cold but it was great. Thanks to everyone who sent me christmas wishes, I worked hard to write many people letters today! I love Christmas, the spirit of love and giving is so strong. Have a Merry merry Christmas!
Love Anziano Ryan Day
PS Mom tell Jeremy Camille and Dad to write me an email every week haha.
Relief art on the Army building in Parma is St Michael fighting the dragon above the door (from Revelations)
Relief art on the Army building in Parma is St Michael fighting the dragon above the door (from Revelations)
Food report ... Need I say more?
The most epic sandwich ever. We made Cinque Cinque (chickpea flour made into bread) and really thick bacon and sliced focaccia in half. It was delicious... and them after it was disgusting. We must of eaten 6 or 7 grams of salt Haha.
My companion getting ready to cook another delicious meal.
Love you all so much im sending a treasure trove of letters hope it makes up for me not sending a present. Customs these days...
No comments:
Post a Comment