Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Flapjack frenzy

This last week we had an amazing ward lunch that was really fun. Everyone brings their own food to eat.  We decided (since we had been mooching off everyone else for the past couple months) that we would make some American food to give to everyone! So that is exactly what we did. 

We got the recipe from our Canadian in the house Anziano Torgerson and made some homemade maple syrup from some maple extract in the morning, and then brought it all to church for after. The lunch was great and we gave pancakes with maple syrup to everyone. We were all joking around and one ragazzo (young man) kept trying to steal the pancakes before I had heated them up, so I gave him some more. It turned out to be a great success there was a lot of people there and it was a lot of fun. Here is a picture in the morning of us with stacks of flapjacks!


Here is our English flier to advertise our English classes we teach. "Would you like to learn English?" We just made 5000 fliers for our English class and they are being handed out like crazy. 
This is a picture of the market in Torino. I am going to get a picture of all my favorite food stands in the market for next week, I didnt even think about doing it this week. Needless to say it is a great place and you get a ton of stuff for very cheap, including clothes and tons of other stuff.  
This week was a really fun week. One man who is really interesting is named Francesco. He is a short older man who speaks 6 languages and can read 15 languages or something crazy. He hasn't been to church in a while, but he loves to introduce everyone he meets to us and is super social and great. Every time we meet with him he introduces us to his friends in the bar or somewhere else, and of course he gets really excited about corso d'inglese (English classes we teach). He was going to make it to church last week but he took the bus the wrong way! Oops. oh well.

Another person we are working with is Max, a young Peruvian lad of 17 or 18 years old. He really wants to follow this course of the gospel, him and his whole family are members, but none of his other family members want to. So its hard for him because he still needs to wake up Sunday morning to get to church and things like that, but we are helping him.
This Sunday we ate at Tirsos house again... and had some more meat stick things. 

The next day, Anziano Christiansen was sick the whole day. So I had a great "sick" day. I cleaned the house and organized my stuff so it didn't turn out to be too bad. Its always a bore to be inside however when you are a missionary! Ah! 

Overall its been a great week, I have been reflecting a lot on what my calling as a missionary means to me, and how I can really help others. I realize I might have only a few weeks left in Torino, so im trying to help the most people and have the most fun before I leave. AKA, shopping at the fresh market every week and working hard!
I hope the family is doing well, I still got a ways to go on the mission, so don't say things like, "oh you are coming home so soon" and stuff like that ! haha. Don't distract me. But I'm glad I will be able to see you all within 6 months. 

I love every day of the mission and its all thanks to Him who created me. 

Love you! Buona settimana!

Anziano Day
Here is the meal I made this week. I made a potato soup with three types of meats and then also roasted red bell peppers that I stuffed with Napoli olives. It was a great meal. I enjoyed it a lot.

Potato soup 


No comments:

Post a Comment