Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Crazy, good miracles, and celery cook off


 
This week was very eventful. Last week there was a baptism! But it was crazy getting there.. It was raining really hard and we were good to get there on time, but we took a wrong turn and then got lost. Finally 10 minutes late we arrived, and it was good. I was able to baptize this man named Hermis who the sisters taught, and I have made friends with over these past couple months. He is very humble and a very loving person. Another picture is of Tirso... He knew we were fasting on Saturday and so he made a huge "break the fast" dinner on Sunday. I ate soo much food. 

Tirso is a great missionary and is always sharing the gospel on facebook and with his friends. He knows many Filipino people here in Italy and we are going to be teaching them soon. 

Huge Break the fast meal with Tirso
Baptism Day after almost not making it. 

We had a very eventful week this week that was really great. 

First good miracle is the story of a part member Peruvian family we are working with. We only can visit them about once every 6 weeks because they are hard to get a hold of. So what happened is we went with a strong peruvian member named Ridolfo who is great. We visited them and taught them, gave a Book of Mormon to the nonmember person who lives with them, and then invited them to church. I called them Sunday morning to wake them up and got no response, so I lost a little hope. 

But then in church, I saw the father- Pipo! It turns out that our member Ridolfo had got up way early and walked all the way near his house and called Pipo 20 times over the period of a half hour to get out of bed, and then came to church with him. Thats persistence! And it was a really great experience. He is really a great person (Pipo) and super funny to joke around with. His wife isnt a member, she wants to be baptized but has some struggles that she needs to overcome first. We are excited to start helping her. 

We are also working with some amazing new converts to the church that are getting ready to go and be sealed in the temple next month, which is really a beautiful thing. They are so excited right now to do missionary work, we made a list of 10 of their friends who are searching for answers and are going to meet with many of them soon. They are so positive and always willing to help us. 

The work here is picking up as we are starting to work with our members a lot more. They have so many friends who are ready to hear about the gospel, its crazy.

I really do love Torino! Its the best. I have been here for 6 months now and I will be here another month, I am so happy for all my time here. It has always been great and fun, even when they days are really hard or the weather is really bad.  

I just finished the Book of Mormon in Italian recently, and I have really been reflecting on everything in life, the mission and things. Its been really amazing to see the progress and changes 

I have been able to make in my life, all really from understanding Jesus Christ as my Saviour and redeemer, the Son of God, and his teachings. I never could have imagined where I would be now before I came out here. And while I do have many of the same weaknesses as before that I am always working on, I have a better vision of where my Heavenly Father wants me to go and what I need to do to help His children. For that testimony I am thankful. I hope everyone in the family is doing well.

Anziano Day
This picture is a joke someone put on someones doorbell and so I took a picture of it. It translates to... Defective doorbell explosion of apartment complex warning. hahahah. 
Defective doorbell explosion of apartment complex warning

Food Ahead....Celery

Here is something funny we did... This week we were somehow talking about celery and got on the topic of how celery tastes and had a weird random conversation and eventually each one of us tried to make the celery taste as good as possible. I just put some sweet baby rays barbecue sauce on it.This week was definitely a food week. 




The first plate is mine, salsiccia peccante, melanzane, and tomatoes spiced up a bit.

Then Anziano Torgerson made a prosciutto wrapped turkey roast with mashed potatoes. It was really delicious and we were really happy.  



And a picture of sardegna restaurant food. its a restaurant right next to our house. Best green beens I have ever had.

Another family we are working with who are really awesome gave us a half wheel of sardegna cheese... AGAIN. We told him how much we loved it last time we met and he surprised us and gave us a whole half wheel. Thats probably going to last the rest of my mission. Every single meal I just load whatever pasta or whatever I got with cheese and it makes it that much more delicious. Thats one thing thats great about Italy... The quality of food is so much higher! Oh yes. 
The half wheel of Sardegna cheese!!

No comments:

Post a Comment