Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Everyday missionary

Some great stuff happened this week!

One of the biggest miracles this week happened in church. 

A less active family that we have been working with every week since I have been here finally came to church! And they came on the day there was a primary special musical number where their youngest son of 5 years of age sang with the other children about their fathers, and then all the children went to the audience and gave their fathers a hug and a arts and craft project they made for their dads. Fratello Barrientos was so happy and he was beaming from ear to ear. He had a great experience coming to church and I know that it helped him out a lot.

Another miracle is that a part member family came to church. First the member father started coming for two weeks, and now the nonmember person that lives with them starting coming too, as well as his son. We are now going to work on his nonmember wife and are excited to help them become an eternal family. 

We also had a great zone conference this week, we went to Alessandria for it. I was able to accompany a special musical number that one of the sisters, sister Tokarski wrote called That Day on Calvary, talking about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is a really powerful song and I was glad I was able to take a part in it. 

They also taught us some really good stuff on how to help members invite their friends to stuff. Its simple, just make a plan for specific people and then have a conversation inviting them. The important thing is to think of specific people and plan for how to invite them. I also learned how much missionary work is really just sharing the testimony and joy that we already have with others. If we really love our friends, just like in Lehis dream, we will want to share the fruit of the tree of life with others because it is delicious. We were able to put it into practice that same night with a great family that had three little kids of 5 7 and 9 and they absolutely loved it. They practiced inviting their friends to a family home evening. Those kids will be some great missionaries. You all should put this into practice! It helps a lot. 

The last miracle is that yesterday we were going to have family home evening with a family that is going through some troubles, and has a kid who doesn't know if he wants to go on a mission ( he is 16) but the father didn't respond to our phone calls, and so we thought they cancelled on us. We were about to go and talk to some people at the park at that time, but then we felt inspired to go pass by them anyways. When we got there, only the kid (Jesùs) was home, he opened the door without his shirt on and was surprised to see us. So we went in and we just talked to him by himself. He opened up a bit, and told us he wasn't really sure about going on a mission because of his girlfriend, and we told him we would help him and taught him a lesson on faith. He is a great kid, super intelligent and loves American sports.  

It was a great experience, we prayed right before we entered their house that we could help him and that they would be home, and the prayer was answered. The father came in after we had taught his kid and he showed us his mission yearbook and I recognized some members I had met in other areas. Pretty fun. 

I'm loving the work here right now, its hard but rewarding. 

I know this church is true, and that God is really involved in our lives personally, watching over me and all of us. 

For that I am thankful. 

Buona settimana a tutti!

Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment