Hello I have a lot to talk about today and so little time! So much exciting things. So first off its started to be really cold, about 5 to 10 degrees celsius, (40-50 F) its not even November yet! ah what is this I dont know. Reggio Emilia is supposed to be one of the coldest places in the winter, so we will see what happens. Im excited though, even though itll make street contacting a lot harder.
Okay It was indeed my 20th birthday two days ago, and a fantastic birthday it was. I went to a less active members house named Rita, and she is like our mother here she is very motherly and refuses to be called by the Lei form (formal) (only tu because she says she is like our mother haha) She made me this delicious lemony cake and some chocolate cake, there is a picture that I sent here of here behind her. Yes.
(also we went to eat for my birthday at this argentian italian place in which a new convert Elviro works thanks mom and dad!)
Oh yes and we started using bikes one or two weeks ago I dont think I mentioned this. We didnt use them for a bit because the Anziano before me Anziano Misrahi had a bad knee. Well these bikes were pretty much trashed. My companion took the worst bike, the brakes broke, the back mud protecter for the wheel broke, everything is rusted on his and my bike, and the pedal fell off on my bike and there is only a little metal thing that I have been riding with for two weeks. Other than that I like the bikes a lot it makes getting around places really easy and we can fit in a lot more appointments during the day and not have to depend on the bus schedule. (another thing about bikes is there are tons of older than old people that ride bikes. Like we are talking about mid 70s to 80 here and they ride bikes all over the place.
We do get to take the train a bunch though mostly to visit a member named Sandune. Sandune has a really long name but he just goes by sandune. He is a recently converted member from Sri Lanka, and speaks singhalese. He has a super powerful testimony and he loves hearing about the gospel. One of the nicest people I have ever met. He got injured on his job and so cant walk very well, and so cant work either, and he got kicked out of his house last week, but he was still cheery and happy when we saw him it was amazing. (he got his house back though haha) He emigrated from Sri Lanka where he fought against the Tamil Tiger rebels there. Pretty intense stuff. He doesnt speak Italian extremely well, but is good so we use his singhalese Book of Mormon and our italian book of mormon to translate and teach for each other. Anyways this is just one of the people we get to meet with.
There are so many good people here I love it. Oh yeah so anyways also about a week and a half ago we had the most epic meal of all time. Fufu. We had this at the Danzos house, a man in the Bishopric he is from Ghana. With Fufu you use your hands and you dip this kind of bread stuff or something into a delicious soup and soak it and then slurp it up without chewing. You get a giant bowl of this and eat it. You just have to look it up or something but it was really awesome we are going to attempt to make some soon. Normally Ghanains usually have a giant bowl of the soup and everyone takes some fufu and dips it in the soup out of the same bowl. Its considered antisocial to have your own bowl and eat by yourself. It was fantastic.
Fufu
Also we had a stake conference which was really awesome, we brought an investigator named Charles who is Nigerian with us and I asked him how he liked it and he was like, I love it. Charles is an amazing person, he lived in Nigeria and then Libya, but of course he had to get out of Libya when all that stuff started happening and he moved to Italy. He knows the Bible super super well and is in his early twenties. That was the first time he went to church. He is getting baptized in the end of november. Wow. It is amazing to see that the people that really know the bible the best are the ones that are prepared to hear the gospel.
(Family I still have to tell you about this man named Guiermo who is a miracle I will get around to it next week!)
Anyways our schedule is now always filled to the brim even though we get usually 1 to 2 cancelled appointments everyday. Every cancellation usually leads to a miracle though. Well I am continuing to grow and develop probably I cant tell but I love this gospel! I love seeing the change it brings in peoples lives and I get a more and more powerful testimony of it every day. Stay strong everyone! Stay true to what is right! I love this gospel, and Jesus Christ. He died for us, so that we can live. Its truely a miracle in our lives and I get to see miracles because of it :)
Peace love and blessings,
Anziano Day


No comments:
Post a Comment