This week we were able to visit with our Bishop of the English speaking American Ward, Bishop Call and his family. We talked with him a lot about the ward and how we can help the Ward to increase in love and become more bonded as a family. It was a great experience.
His house is a couple hundred years old, it is built into a cave!!
In their house are many statues of midgets and other strange things, and down in their basement goes into a cave. Here are some pictures of us in the cave.
Also a view from the top of his house. There is across the way from it a giant cavern that was caverned out by slaves in the roman times mining limestone, and during World War two, Nazi soldiers built a factory in it (the cave is the size of 10-12 football fields) to produce vehicles.
Seriously an amazing thing, in the Calls home they have giant rocks coming out of the ceiling, and its just an amazing
place to be in.
I almost felt like I was in a museum or something.
 |
| View from the Top of the cave house |
 |
| Cave created by Roman slaves mining limestone |
 |
| Going down to the cave, the size of 10 American Football Fields and was a vehicle factory for the Nazis. |
For preparation day we went to Marostica, it was really awesome! I have been there once before but it was still beautiful this time as well!
 |
| Marostica |
 |
| Marostica views |
 |
| More Marostica Vista |
This week has been really cool and fun. The new transfer (6 week period) started out last Thursday, we had a ward activity called See the World! Unfortunately
I don't have any pictures but I will describe it.
All the people who served missions in different countries each put together a little booth and presented their country, with some typical food as well. There was everything from the Marshall islands, Korea, Russia, Turkey, Colombia, and many others. I really enjoyed it, and many people from the Ward went. It was a great activity.
I also gave a talk this week in Sacrament meeting, I talked about the worth of souls, and how we are worth so much to God because we are his children. We as people who understand our divine worth can share that with others, its probably the best way to serve another is to help them understand who they really are. That was basically the short summary of my talk I gave.
One of our investigators also surprised us this Sunday and came to church, named Dele. We couldn't get in touch with him all last week, but he came to church nonetheless! It was awesome. He has finally found a library with English books and so he has something to do (he is a refugee.)
Also yesterday we had a powerful experience with a man named Hiranth, who I think there is a picture of a couple weeks ago. He is having really difficult problems with family and other things, and he was really sad last night. We shared the video, 'Because of Him' and testified of the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, how he could be healed from everything bad he was feeling in his life. It really touched him, we all felt the Spirit together testifying what we were saying was true. It was an amazing experience.
 |
| Marostica |
 |
| Marostica city street |
 |
Marostica City plaza where they have a famous human chess game
Sushi! |
 |
Here are some photos I forgot to send of me and Anziano Klemm. We went
to an all you can eat sushi place right before he left, it was only
850 for as much sushi as you want. We definitely made them lose money. |
 |
| Getting our money's worth- all you can eat! |
We have really been getting into the habit of running lately, we run all the way up to the church of Monte Berico, which is a church on the hill with an amazing view (So many stairs!). I really love it here are some pictures of that.
 |
| End of a Run, Italian style |
 |
| Monte Berico |
 |
| Monte Berico Tower |
 |
| From the top of Monte Berico |
Here are two more pictures, one of me on the top of the hill with a
view and a panoramic picture that Anziano Minor took
 |
| Panaromic Monte Berico |
(disclaimer...these are all photos Anziano Minor took)
Wow, Jeremy's mission papers are in! I can't wait for him to get his call for his mission that will be awesome. I wonder where he will get called to? I hope Jeremy gets his call soon so that I can go through the temple with him, that would be really exciting.
I'm glad that you are doing okay recovering and everything. Maybe its nice to go at a slower pace sometimes. I hope that everything is still going well.
We totally use the introduction of being from California to our advantage in meeting people ... we say " We have come from California to Italy for a reason, we wouldn't be here if this message wasn't so important to us".
I hope that the family is doing well it seems like everyone is. I will have to send some more handwritten letters soon, that will be good.
I'm continuing to have a great time in Italy, I really love doing missionary work. Its really difficult sometimes but its always so amazing and rewarding its awesome. I really hope everything goes well and to hear from you soon!
Everything else is going well, I'm trying my best to do the things the Lord wants me to do this last transfer, I'm really excited to continue being here in Vicenza.
I love it!
Love you all have a great week!
Anziano Day
No comments:
Post a Comment