Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rain and reflections...

Hey mom, this week has been pretty good.

A Vicenza Tree I liked 
 I just remembered in one and a half weeks its mothers day and we get to skype! Pretty cool. 

This week has been very rainy and its given me some time to really reflect on this mission here in Italy and how I am doing. I feel like Im doing good work but I want to step it up. 

When we were walking to church it started raining really hard. Anziano Sexton with a pink umbrella.
 We also have one that has puppies on it that I'm using... No shame. 

Rain in Vicenza 

The work here is doing alright here, we are just about to start an English class on Wednesdays and I think a lot of people will come to it. Everyone we asked wants it at 8 o'clock  which is interesting because in Torino people wanted it at 6:30 to be home early. Small differences. 

I dont remember if I told you guys last week about this, but we have a person who is preparing for baptism at the end of May, a a young Ghanian Muslim who is wanting to convert to Christianity. Its really cool. He is so excited it makes me excited! 

I was reading in Proverbs 3:11-12 this morning and some verses really stuck out to me:

11 ¶My son, despise not the achastening of the Lordneither be weary of his correction:
 12 For whom the Lord loveth he acorrectetheven as bfather the son in whom he delighteth.
It made me think about how its really good to be humble and look for the ways that the Lord is telling me to improve so that I can become the person he sees me being.
I love you so much! 
Anziano day

No comments:

Post a Comment