Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Soccer and Slacklining

We had an amazing miracle this week in church. We had all the new converts possible in church. 6 new converts. The other two are in argentina and france. We are really happy because we have been working with all of them to make sure they stay active and they are staying active! Its really exciting. We have worked a lot with them, and finally we see the personal committment of them to follow the gospel and go to church. I love it. 

One of the families we spent Christmas Eve with (alessio rosso and lisette)
Hey Mom
I got all the pictures thanks a lot! I got a photo album too and now it has a nice mix of mission pictures and also pictures that you sent. I like it a lot. Im glad to hear about your disneyland adventures, I hope the nissembaum family is still doing well.  

I love what you say about the plan of salvation, thats something people just dont understand here a lot of time. People always ask us why there are wars and my favorite question why do babies die. Its so interesting to see other peoples takes on things in that regard. Its so true that life is a test. Thank goodness we have repentance so that we can still get up when we fail.

I just got the letter from ward council last week and I love it!

Its fun to hear from everybody. I feel really impacted even more now by my young men's leaders, I am starting to realize how hard they worked to try to help us. 

Im still doing great here, I am officially staying here in Torino for another transfer with another anziano named Anziano Christensen. He is a great guy, he was in the MTC with me in the group above me and is very happy and positive. Im really excited for him to be here.


We entered into an informal soccer tournament a couple weeks ago during pday. They play every wednesday in the afternoon so it is perfect for us. One of the Torino 1 investigators invited us. So we showed up and there were many teams there. A romanian team, a morocco team, 2 Italian teams, a peruvian team, a team of gypsies, and then us, mostly american with a african-canadian and an italian investigator who played as the goalie (thank goodness). We had a blast. We lost 3 games and won one game against an Italian team. It was a miracle when we did that. This is a picture after the game of all of us. We loved it. 


Another preparation day we went and did this thing called slacklining which my companion loves, which is pretty much you set up this line across two trees and walk across it doing tricks and stuff. 



Its super fun. Then we went to the basement of the Torino 1 church which has an organ and a drum set and we jammed. 

Sorry I only talk about preparation days but thats the only time I use my camera!


Anyways, I love you and thanks for everything! 
Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment