Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Meeting my "family" , speaking in church, and conference

At the missionary conference last week I was able to see my whole family! (My missionary family of people who trained me and people that I trained)  My trainer, anziano Fiorentino on the far right, Another trainee of Anziano Fiorentino who is poking his head from back there, my trainee anziano Green, and then far left the trainee of Anziano Green Anziano Mati (?) who is Albanian! Pretty cool.



The other picture... Our new convert from Trieste come visited our family night in Torino! Anziano Briscoe and I both taught her at different times. Anziano Briscoe was here on scambio. 
It was a great week.

The best thing that happened this week is we were visited by Anziano Teixeira who is the Area President of the europe west area. He is an amazing man who knows how to apply preach my gospel in a way that is above me right now. 

He talked a lot about finding people who are prepared to recieve the gospel, and also how we can help people understand how they know who is ready to recieve the gospel. We just ask people who we can pray for, who is going through a rough time and who we can help. We have already seen success and are happy.

I was asked by the assistants to conduct the conference which was cool, there was over 100 missionaries there and I was a little nervous but it went well. 

We also have a miracle with the baptism of Charles we will do this saturday! I will be baptizing him so that will be fun. I just hope I can do it because he is a big guy. We will see. Im always happy to be a missionary. 

This sunday I also gave a talk on the Faith of Ammon. An interesting specific topic. I talked about how we can be like Ammon by first

1. Trusting in the Lord by building faith, through prayer, fasting, and studying the scriptures

2. Caring about other people and their salvation

3. Serving others and inviting them to come unto Christ.

Simple simple simple! 

I love all the examples of Ammon being a missionary in the Book of Mormon their is so much to learn from him. 

Love, Anziano Day


Here is a summary of what Ammon did:  

In the Book of Mormon, a son of King Mosiah. Ammon served as a missionary whose diligent efforts helped to convert many souls to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment