Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Novarra, Milan, Torino this week and a car...


Sorry

 I wasn't able to email yesterday, this week has been very occupied and hard working week. I did 2 scambios (exchanges with other missionaries) in 3 days, I was expecting to have a normal Pday, but then the assistants called us last minute and changed our scambio from Tuesday to Wednesday (our PDay!)  and we were also doing a scambio in Novarra on Monday. 

So I stayed in Novarra Monday and Tuesday and then we travelled to Milano for scambio with the assistants. 

Che stanchezza.  (that fatigue)

I dont really have much time to write, I will update more next week... But one thing is that...

We have a CAR 

:O

Its going to be crazy driving around Italy. 

We are both authorized as drivers and have some great music we play in the car, like the legend of zelda soundtrack. 

So on Pday we had about 4-5 hours, so we decided to go museum hunting throughout the (Torino) city. We mounted out bicycles and headed off! 

Great Big Palazzo in Torino 

more Piazza Castillo  views


Palazzio Madama, a former palace  in Torino which now houses Torino's Art Museum 
We ended up in a great big palazzo and then we saw a great historical museum on the side.



  Here is one of my favorite things I saw, A stone carved picture of someone hitting his friend from 500 AD was one of my favorite art pieces displayed. 


Soldier hitting Priest with Ax. 
It had a lot of old christian art from the centuries. It was interesting to see the stylistic changes throughout the centuries, when the same subject, Jesus Christ and stories from the Bible, were being portrayed.


On our way out of the museum we saw a strange sight... two middle eastern men sitting in a strange way... I couldnt figure out how, can you?


 Another funny story was on Scambio Anziano Gneiting had to use the WC  (water closet or toilet) at the train station, and so as I was waiting he came back out and said, how do you use this thing? We found this stand up toilet. So of course I took a picture of it. We are so spoiled in western civilization. 

Here is a picture of Anziano Gneiting in front of the Vercelli Duomo. We visited it while waiting for a train in the station He is 6 foot 5 and a big goofy lovable guy. We had fun traversing Novarra together.

Anziano Gneiting in front ot Vercilli Duomo in Novarra 
 The last two pictures are in Milano, when we arrived outside of the station (Pollution makes for great sunsets) 







Sunset in Milano

a road outside of Milano
Anziano Young from Australia

and also a road we drove down a little bit outside Milano with Anziano Young. He is Australian and pretty cool. 

Its good to be a missionary.

Vi voglio bene!
Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment