Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Photo Extravaganza of leaving Trieste, New Torino

Venice! I took this one



Good Lasagna


p-day rain in Gorizia
Pictures of our pday. It rained on us in Gorizia, but it was kind of warmish outside so it was not too bad. 

We visited a giant chocolate factory in Gorizia that sells chocolates for really really cheap it was great. 



Anziano Taylor in the chocolate factory



I took a picture of Anziano Taylor in a part of the warehouse where they sell everything. It was 3 euro a kilo, which translates to about 2 dollars a pound, Of chocolate. 


So of course I really stocked up on that stuff. 

The best kind are these white chocolate eggs filled with nutella YES. 

I was thinking about sending some to you guys but then they melted a bit in my bag. 

Sooooo good. 



If you like Pina Colada....

Homemade pizza plus Pina Colada soda.  Yes.....

We ate it 


Matteo and Jessica.  
My face is in the shade... Oh well.  This family is AWESOME. 

Me and Anziano Taylor

We are in front of the church in Trieste.  I will miss him!




moving time... Luggage picture-

I was going to take a before and after picture but I forgot the after picture... oh well. Needless to say I got everything there.


Here is the bus stop we took every day. With Anziano Taylor


Some ragazze (young people) in our ward came met us to get gelato right before I left. We are in Piazza Unità Italia in Trieste .

Goodbye Trieste! 

 Hello Torino!


Surprised Anziano Colomere


Happy Anziano Colomere

I have a new companion named Anziano Colemere. He is two transfers ahead of me  (12 weeks) and my first companion from Utah. He is really funny and like to play the guitar and piano, as well as being a hipster. We have a lot of fun teaching and finding and being Zone leaders. We just went to a meeting on Monday with all the zone leaders in the mission and we learned a lot. Our president broke down a lot of the statistics in the mission, and they looked pretty good. We baptize more men than women here, as well as the majority in the age group 18-50. 

I saw a lot of people that I hadn't seen in a long time which was really fun. 

One fun experience we had this week was we ate over at a house of a new convert named Tirso who is Filipino. He gave us this Filipino dish called balut (?). It was literally a prehatched cooked chicken in the egg. It was delicious until I looked at what I was eating, and then my stomach did some flips but when I closed my eyes and ate it, the balut was great. 

Tirso laughed at us as we ate it.
Balut

We also were able to teach a Nigerian family, Charles and Mercy who are getting baptized soon. They are very ready to accept this gospel and love learning the gospel and coming to church. He is huge and has a really deep voice. When he talks to the other Nigerian member in the ward all I hear is rumbles from them. 

The ward here is very loving, filled with Italians and Peruvians, and tons of other types of people. 

They were very happy to welcome me, so that was nice. 

I love Torino because it is SO BIG!!! 

Well I will write more next week, I took all my time today loading photos.

Vi voglio bene
Anziano Day


No comments:

Post a Comment