Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A day in the life in pictures...

April 24, 2013
 I hope all the photos this week are good- some of them I took from the week before. This week was awesome we had a ton of miracles because we did a mission fast. (we went without food and water for a day to concentrate our prayers) 

I like this picture that Anziano Green took and wanted to make it my facebook photo page (mom did it for me !) Ready for a day of bicycling around Livorno to teach!


 The first miracles happened the first hour of the week, when we utilized the Elders Quorum and the Relief Society to ask for volunteers to join us for the lessons we planned. They did it. (2 out of 3 happened so far and we have one more this week!)
 

Here are two pictures of my apartment building. 


 Then in Sacrament meeting, we had a powerful fast and testimony meeting. Many people were weeping by the end, it was special. The most amazing part was when a girl named Lucia got up and bore her testimony. She had been taught by the missionaries in the past and is the sister of a recently returned member. She talked about how she never understood the power of faith until she saw the changes in her sister, and now she wants to change to! She said she has a more powerful belief in God and reads the Book of Mormon now. We found out who home taught their family and we are going to see her next week!
 
Here is a picture of the sea at Livorno's Piazza 

 Another really powerful miracle was our teaching experience this morning. We had a lesson with a member who left the church, and she told us she had a testimony and knew this church was true but she didn't have the courage to ask for forgiveness from God from her sins. We read 2 Nephi 31 and she said she knew she needs to be baptized but she cant bring herself to repent. We bore testimony that mercy from God when we call upon his name (alma 33), and she cried and told us she would ask for forgiveness this night. I felt the Spirit really strongly confirming what we said to her, I know I will treasure this for a long time. It was powerful.



Here is my "district" - my companion on the right, Elder Green and two more missionaries we meet with often for planning. 


This week was a big testimony builder, I have finally made it halfway through Jesus the Christ and that book is just inspired. I feel like I am getting to know my Saviour so much better through that book and the New Testament. 


Delicious homemade ragu sauce over gnocchi.  
This is how I make my delicious food-- 


In other news I had an unusually fun English class that I taught yesterday, I taught the class how to give directions in English, and one person was blindfolded on the other side of the room and the class had to guide them to an eraser which they had to pick up. We were all laughing it was a lot of fun. My English class is a very awesome bunch, I will have to get a picture with them soon. Anyways.


Here is what my refrigerator looks like inside after Spessa (we are filled) 


Here is our shelf food (the pantry).  There is so much! Notice the Reeces Puffs Mom sent me from England. 



What I see when I wake up every morning 
(Anziano Green's bed)  and a cool Italian marble floor 

My bed

 Also, a member who was formerly the branch president who I have not seen in church since I came to Livorno came back to church! 

And we gave two book of mormons to another member who had two friends that wanted them! So much! The fast worked amazingly! 

   
Different Italian Marble floor in the hallway of our apartment  
Birthday sign for Anziano Green. Anziano Warnock is standing in the hallway


 I also gave my companion the phone this week to help him make calls in Italian to people.. It's a very funny process of learning. I remember going through it as well.


Pino gives Anziano Green a birthday haircut for free.  
Pino is a guy who is assigned to us to help us with the apartment or anything else we may need.  

 Ah. Well thats all for this week. I am so happy to be a missionary in Italy! I can definitely understand Jeremy's tiredness in my own  missionary life haha. I am tired every single day! I remember one Pday I took a nap for 4 hours and then when I woke up, I felt totally normal like I hadn't even napped at all.  Thats pretty much how the work has been going this week. 



Everyone says missionary work is hard but its only hard if you think its hard! Its fun for me :)
Pace ed amore
Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment