Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pino the Renaissance man, Yoyo Ma, Terrazza weather, pictures


The Tower of Pisa- It is really leaning!

Ah it is good to email you from this hole in the wall internet place in Livorno we found here! I am currently being serenaded by a middle Eastern guy near us who is singing strange middle eastern tunes.

I will send photos today... I lost my card reader so I copy the card onto a USB drive using our DVD player and then send them that way! I’m sorry! Okay there is so much stuff to respond to I might have to take it in one or two emails. BUT this week was great,

Anziano Green eating a sandwich (chicken pesto and fresh tomato) on bread that I made Yummm

Anziano Green is getting so much better at the language and everything so that’s good.  Its still really hard for people to understand him but I just let him say what he wants and I don’t correct him. I think it helps him learn better that way haha.

Also this week I tried my hand at making some a chicken pesto sandwich on homemade bread..Anziano Greens turned out really good but mine didn’t. Ah oh well. When we were in Zone conference with a lot of missionaries everyone got to say one thing they loved about their companion, and Anziano Green told everyone I was the best cook ever. I guess I’m inheriting my skills from my trainer Anziano Fiorentino! So happy about that.

Eating some delicious pizza I made 

Also something exciting that happened was that Pino gave me a haircut! Pino is one of the coolest people I have ever met and a huge friend to the missionaries here. He was baptized about 40 years ago from the missionaries here and was one of the first people of the church here. He worked as a translator for the American military base in Pisa for a long time so he is completely fluent and hilarious in English. Imagine this 60 year old Italian bearded man who
designed and built our church, fixes our bikes all the time, and knows pretty much everything. That’s Pino!

The weather has also all of a sudden taken a turn for the completely beautiful.. We have taken advantage of this weather and gone to the terrazza to do finding work almost every day. Besides the fact that it is the most beautiful place ever right next to the sea, tons of people are cruising along the terrazza with nothing to do and lots of people are willing to talk to us. We love seeing all the little kids running around speaking better Italian than we can. Its just wonderful.


Livorno Terraza

That’s one thing about the people here in Toscana, is that everyone speaks Italian super well! I was talking about it with some Italians here, and even the kids pick up the grammar and everything really fast here.

Some shoes hanging outside a random apartment...

The work here is slowly starting to pick up we are really excited.. We have been
getting many contacts especially from English class and also referrals from members and church headquarters. So great! I feel more at peace and also lots of love for everyone around me.

Mom every time I listen to that Yoyo Ma CD (that you sent me) I get this big old sentimental feeling that every person on the earth is connected to each other, and are brothers and sisters under God. And also thank you for the classical chill out CD hahaha you would send me that Mom.



Also I got the Easter letters from everyone in the ward thanks everyone so much I really appreciate it a lot. I love getting mail! All kinds of it! email, letter mail, and everything. Although I haven’t gotten a lot from Camille or Jeremy. Tell them to write me.

I love this church and the gospel, and I continue to see miracles every day! 

The river in Pisa that could be pretty but it is not ....

Just the other day it was a really slow time in the day and so we wanted to pass by a person we hadn’t seen for a week, Nicolo. So we went near his house but the gate was locked. Then suddenly a car came and opened the gate within 1 minute. Then we went up to the door of the palazzo, but it was locked too. A minute later, someone opened that too and let us in. And on the way up in the elevator we re-met with someone we had contacted earlier and given a pass along card too. Wow! too much good.

Anyways I am still pumped for this next week, and I hope the weather is good in
California and all over the rest of the world where everyone is.

Speriamo bene.

Ciao Ci sentiamo settimana prossima ciao ciao ciao

Anziano Day







No comments:

Post a Comment