Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

pictures, food, glorious food


Ciao Belli!

ALRIGHT!!!! this sounds like a great week.

Exciting things this week.. I forgot to talk about Caritas two weeks ago! we got to do this on a Saturday, and what we did is prepared enough food to feed about 200 needy people it was really fun. I cooked and prepared and also helped pass out the sack lunches. I got to do this with a man named Sasa, he is a new member and he is really funny. Sasa is croatian and speaks english like someone you imagine to speak english with a thick russian accent. We were able to help a lot of people which is really nice.
 Ryan Preparing food for the needy


Helping at a ward Halloween party for children- Musical Chairs  And friends 

 This week has seriously been awesome we are teaching a lot of people and really working hard to find people who have been prepared by God to hear our message. We pray every day to find those people, and usually we find them at the very end and hardest part of the day. Thats just the way God works :)
    Ryan's missionary companion (and trainer) (left), Elder Fiorentino and  Gospel teaching group (r)

 I honestly have been feeling really stressed out lately because it is really hard for me to open my mouth sometimes with people and share the gospel on the street, but today really helped. We just chilled inside the whole day, and I was able to write handwritten letters to everyone in the family, so watch out for that. In the morning we did spesa (shopping) only on bikes because the buses take too long. It was really challenging carrying everything back and 

I almost got hit by a car, but hey. Almost :)


                                       
  Im sending more pictures today.. probably the most common picture is of food because I take a picture of every meal I eat! they are all delicious. We usually eat an enormous lunch at 1 o'clock and just dont eat dinner because we are too busy. In fact I havent eaten dinner yet except if we have an appointment at someone's home haha.
 Delicious food that I have prepared and eaten 
                                    Italy- its all about the food











 amazing fresh bread

 the most delicious homemade pizza 

I made my first loaf of bread and made the most delicious pizza I have ever had under the direction of Anziano Fiorentino, we put mascarpone, spec(meat) gorgonzola, and fresh tomatoes to make an extra delicious meal. I cannot describe how good it was I wish I could eat it every day. We ate the whole thing in one meal of course. 

Today marks the 6th week that I have been in Italy.  Every 6 weeks new missionaries arrive and leave and get reassigned within the Milan Italy Mission.  It is called transfer day.    I am staying because you stay 12 weeks in the first area. Today is the first day this whole transfer  that I was able to relax and to write letters so expect some more from me! I apologize to people that mailed me a long time ago. Thanks so much for all your letters it means a lot to me. I continue to wooork im about out of time but please enjoy these pictures sorry I cant give you all the food I made...

Love Anziano Ryan Day

No comments:

Post a Comment