Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

All the things I am learning, Lotto, and don't have to worry about politics.


Ciao ciao,

Oh this is great! It sound like everyone in the family is doing well. I got Dads letter and a letter from Grandma and Grandpa Day so far. I havent written anyone much, but now that our house is clean.. I can make some time. And thats awesome Allie is going to meet with the missionaries and stuff. Our missionaries are always great in our Valencia 3rd ward.  

 We have been really focusing on involving members in our work here because it really changes the whole dynamic of how we teach people. Not only does it help to fellowship people and stuff like that, but when teaching its really powerful to have "real" people testifying of the same things we testify about. Haha people think we are too perfect and dont understand their problems sometimes. 

We are teaching this man named Roberto who the only thing that is holding him back from being baptized is because he plays the lotto all the time. The only thing! He played the lotto for 3 years when he was jobless (dont know how he managed that) and is addicted to the lotto. Its really sad, he is so close and the church has helped him with so many changes in his life. 

It's really interesting though, the church only really fully blesses your life if you live it 100 percent. As a missionary, it is actually much easier to follow the rules 100 percent than 90 percent. If I just try my hardest the entire time then I feel much better and im not perfect, but I have the knowledge at the end of the day that I tried my best. And its a lot easier to improve the next day because im making progress forward. God makes up for the rest. 

I heard about Obama winning and not Romney.. guess what.. I dont have to care for another two years haha. Almost no people make the connection with us and Mitt Romney but the ones that do are always for Obama. We never met any Mitt supporters. Also I would love to know more about how Davin and Merril are doing  (Ryan's uncles that live in NJ and were without power for a week) . Anyways.  

We finally got all our bikes fixed, my brakes broke for 2 or 3 days and that was a tad uncomfortable. I used my feet to break instead. Its hard because we have so many places to be that there is never just a time that we can drop off the bikes and pick them up later for repairs. 

We are continuing to have a lot of success in this area, we got blitzed by the Anziani in Piacenza the other day, they both came here and we went on splits with them. Me and Anziano Smith found about 14 people that were interested in meeting with us in a couple hours it was really awesome. Only two of them were Italian though haha. It is such a diverse city I love it. 

Beautiful building in Reggio Emiia

Also this is the only city where we are searching for people to teach and we find less actives instead. We met this Ghan man named Joseph who said he used to be a member of our church but now goes to a different church. So we invited him back. The work is going really strong and as we pray hard and try our best the Lord blesses us with success. As long as we are listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost we always run into people and are able to find people to teach and things like that. The Spirit is so strong when Im doing the right thing I absolutely love it. We also finally put the finishing touches on our apartment, it is now officially well organized and clean, and it will be perfect by tonight.

                                                                                Plaza  with market in Reggio Emiia 

I implore you to clean the bonus room before I get back from my mission, but who knows. 

I learn so much from being a missionary, stuff that obviously applies to every single part of my life back home. Everything from time management to planning for specific people to making meals and shopping, its really sinking in. Im learning all the stuff you always told me all my life for myself :) 

Thank you for your prayers, they help a lot! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ! Read 2 Nephi 31 and Alma 7 those are my favorite chapters right now! Im praying for you!

God bless,

Anziano Day

No comments:

Post a Comment