Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Plane Delays, Racing Ferraris, Gelatto gluttony

Sending Anziano Smith off to Milano 
Goodbye Anziano Smith 
The first two pictures are me saying goodbye to Anziano Smith on the train! He is going to Milano and I know he will do great. I think he loves the big city so its awesome.  


 So this transfer I found out I am going to be training for the last two transfers! But the problem was the trainees planes were delayed a lot because of a fire in the air control tower in Chicago. So they didn't get in until Saturday. It was crazy! He got in Saturday at 4 instead of Wednesday evening like they usually do. It was really nuts. 


Off to play soccer on our Preparation day with Anziano Smith before he was transferred. We are doing that even more (playing soccer) and its really fun. 
Some cookies we made for Sister Wanckes birthday. I made the letters for "Auguri" there which means "congratulations". 


 After is a picture of 1 KILO OF GELATTO EATEN.Anziano Smith and I made a challenge to give out 120 pass along cards in one morning, and we did it! So to reward ourselves we bought an entire kilo  (2.2 pounds) of delicious gelatto  and ate it all in about 10 minutes. I have a video but its too big to send

Here are the pass along cards that we handed out to "earn" the gelatto 



Welcome Anziano Minor from Temecula  This is the picture they send his parents so they know he arrived (eventually). 
Then we have my trainee Anziano Minor with President Dibbs, we aren't looking at the camera oh well. 

Anziano Minor is great, he is from Southern California (Temecula) I know some people from there from different places. But he doesn't know any of them. He loves surfing, picks up the language really well and is just already an overall great missionary. He knows how to be a good missionary by instinct.I feel like he is pre-trained in some ways, so nice. So we just go out and do work! It's a nice feeling. All our lessons we have had have been great this week. 
He is from Temecula, the place where Lauren Smith is from (I think ) and some people I knew at EFY (Especially for Youth). He is a beach bum and comes from a great family. He is only 18, so he is the exact same age as Jeremy in November. Its weird. 

If my trainee is like this, I wonder how Jeremy will be (like on his mission)? haha. Well I already know actually. Anziano Minor is a great missionary and very easy to train, its really nice.   

We taught a man named Al Hassan who I think I have talked about before. The last 3 Sundays he has wanted to come to church (already had Ironed his clothes to do everything) but then at the last minute they call him into work (he washes dishes and other thing at a Hotel). He was really mad because he wants to be baptized and go to church really bad. He loves it. He got really mad at the lady (employer), we told him he will be okay. 

Also, we had a great miracle this week. After two wards of church (The Italian and English congregations) I thought we weren't going to have any appointments or anything afterwards (for Anziano Minors first full day in the field), but then a person we contacted in the street called us and said, "I'm at your church if you have some extra time." We went to him and had an amazing lesson. 

We explained the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and answered many of his questions, at the beginning of the lesson he didn't want to accept the Book of Mormon, but as we explained it he understood how he needed to pray about it and know if it was true. After we had born our testimonies many times about it, we said a prayer with him. He grabbed our hands and said a heartfelt prayer about how he was thankful for everything that we had taught him and to help him in his life. Right before he left he said, actually... I would like a copy of that book. And so we gave it to him. We are going to call back next week and follow up. 

Haha it was awesome, the spirit was super strong. I love experiences like that. 


Then there was a random Ferrari race around town, about 5 of them just going in circles. There were huge crowds gathered around the town to see them it was pretty interesting.

Oh yes ! I have some questions. We are filling out a family notebook so I was wondering if you had some info or photos you could send me... Your years of your birthdays, Grandparents birthdays and marriages and places of these, same with great grandparents, and maybe some stories of my great grandparents. I will email grandparents too for those. Oh and also (the crazy part)
The children of all the grandparents, what date they were born and where, and the children, what date they died and where
Same with the children of my Great grandparents. 
We are doing this to show to new converts, they all must do one! :)

If you could get some or all of this stuff, that would be awesome. I don't know how much free time you have these days and don't want to take that haha. 

Here is my address

Via Nazzario Sauro 20
 36100 Vicenza

Thanks mom I love you!
Ryan

 I'm not excited to return home. 
 I'm so glad I can train to keep myself fully engaged. sounds like some cool news going on I can't believe that Janell (Ryan's cousin) is getting married! wwow and everyone is doing great. I hope everything will work out well. Dang it, I am out of time but I will email more next week!
Love you
Anziano Day

ps from Mom

I received the following text.  "Sister Day, Hi, we are visiting Italy and met your son on the train yesterday and saw him at church today.  He is doing great.  My sister lives here in Italy.  He is in a great ward! Sorry the pictures are a little blurry. We were on the train.
Ryan and his new companion traveling from Milan to Vicenza 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 

No comments:

Post a Comment