Anziano Day in Vicenza

Anziano Day in Vicenza

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas lights in Torino, Thanksgiving, and a parable

Wednesday

We were summoned today to help anziani (missionaries) move into an apartment in Cuneo, so we will be taking our pday tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive and still love you. 

I have been opening the letters each day that you sent and it's absolutely wonderful !

I'm so happy. 

Thanks so much mom!

Anziano Day




Thursday

Thanks for the letters I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Here is me with Thanksgiving dessert at the Dallens house. It was absolutely fatty and delicious. I am lucky to have gotten this experience! 


This week was pretty crazy. We were able to see our new convert  after a week and we found out he is going through some really hard times right now, so we are trying to help him out in whatever way we can. Another member is also going through some rough times. Its really hard to see these people struggling, but the thing we have been teaching them that I know, that if we seek the Lord we will be able to see the Lords divine purpose in our struggles. 

It reminds me of the story of the people of Limhi, how they were supported in their struggles, not given rest from their struggles. And when they supported it well they were released.



I also love Romans 5:3-5 that talks about how through our trials we develop christ like qualities and have the holy ghost with us to comfort us and give us that love that we need from God.

 Romans 5: 3-5  3       And not only so, but we glory in  tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worth patience;
 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
 And ahope maketh not ashamed; because the blove of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Christmas lights in Torino 
On a brighter note, Its the Christmas season! And the city has put up its beautiful lights. I will still always remember last year in Reggio Emilia when they had giant stars as well as a giant christmas tree by the station. Here in this picture I sent there is a whimsical story written in segments of lights all the way down this entire street.

Me at a piazza and market with a bearded man next to me

  We also heard a great parable that we heard about Jesus Christ that I want to share this week. A lady gave a talk at the baptism we went to in Collegno. She talked about how the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is in our lives. 

She talked about how there was a schoolgirl in a town full of only white roses. This girl was the prettiest girl in town, and all the boys wanted to take her to the dance. She said that anyone who found her a red rose and brought it to her could take her to the dance. There was one boy who really wanted to take her to the dance, and so went to sleep one night thinking about this and had a dream that he found the red rose in his garden. The next morning he went and found a red rose... but it was red because there was a bird who had become tangled in the rose bush and died. The blood of the bird made the rose red. So, the boy took this rose with reverence and went hurriedly to her house to give it to her. But, as he walked, many boys stopped him and asked him what it was, and then invited him to play soccer with them. The boy was distracted and discarded the rose and played soccer.

What an ending! I was so surprised. But it goes to demonstrate how Jesus Christ has died for us, has already given us this gift, and it is our responsibility to act on this gift and to do choose the right. 

The two districts missionaries of Torino and also Nick. I am on the right. 

Anyways. we are still working really hard to find new people to teach, because our investigators have been super busy with the Christmas season. I know miracles will happen!

Wow in your letter, Black Friday sounds crazy! We told a lot of Italian members about it here and they couldn't believe how crazy it gets. The next thing we know it there will be Black Friday the day before Thanksgiving. Thats really cool how that boy from the baptist church has a testimony. I really hope he goes on a mission. 

I keep praying and pulling for the 20 year old new convert Anziano Fiorentino and I found in Reggio Emillia that maybe he will go on a mission. Thats probably one of the coolest things to see as a missionary. 

Love you all and hear from you next week

Anziano Day
Then, the other Anziani that live in our house webbed up my bed with leftover halloween string. What a mess.

ps from Mom-

If you have not sent Ryan a letter for Christmas, we know that he is staying at his current address through Christmas so email me your letter to Ryan at  debbilyn40@yahoo.com and I will hard copy print it and mail it.  Thank you for all of you that have sent letters.  All the letters that I have received have been mailed. As you can see it means a lot to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment